What's new

Return of the Sonics?

Do you think we'd have to leave Jeremy Evans unprotected?

That could happen if the league expanded. But hopefully the league uses some brains and just shuffles over some team like the Kings, Bucks, or Pistons over to Seattle.

I've heard that Detroit could move... I doubt anyone watches the Bucks play... And I know the Kings have already left Sacramento. Heck, they've basically been giving the finger to Sactown for a while now. I've heard they want to go to LA. Worthless. Move'em to Seattle. LA is crowded already.

You already have a problem with Seattle?

I've always hated Seattle. Growing up next door to WSU got a constant stream of snobby Dbags from that area. Also I was a death metal fan in the 90s and have a strong disdain for Seattle grunge. Had several poor experiences in the city itself. I actually lived in a house in Freemont for a couple months, that place was alright. I did enjoy the irish bar there. They've probably bulldozed that neighborhood to make more room for a-holes. Living in Portland was much much more fun by comparison and liked it even better than living in Vegas.

Also everybody where I grew up is in love with the F'n Mariners. Ugh. They'd turn off Jazz playoff games at the bar to show those turds. At least the Sonics had some swagger.

I do have a crew of old high school friends that all moved to Seattle years ago and love it, one of them is a diehard Sonic. I'm looking forward to restoring an immature discourse with him.

That's crazy, you used to live very close to where I live now (I used to live in Juanita Bay) - I live just off the 160th exit off of I-405.

Yea it was unincoporated King COunty at the time and it was a subdivision with nice big houses up in the mountain above Woodinville. Tons of cool trails back in there to go exploring.

Wow, 6 years? I didn't realize it was so far off. This is no sure thing, it relys on IF the city council passes and IF they can get a team. If it's not Scaramento then it might be a long while before there's a team here.

Yeah, the Bucks are going for a six-year lease figuring that's how much time they would need to come up with a viable arena plan with the government or determine that they won't be able to agree. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings end up in Seattle.

Are you talking about the Dubliner? If so, I was just there last weekend.

Yea. I actually worked there for a month. Most hilarious interview of my life. I scraped about a quarter inch of carbon off of their griddle. Really liked the owner and his hot irish daughter. Watched BBC all day.

Yeah, the Bucks are going for a six-year lease figuring that's how much time they would need to come up with a viable arena plan with the government or determine that they won't be able to agree. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings end up in Seattle.

I'd be surprised if the Kings end up anywhere but SoCal.

There has been a proposal from a guy (Chris Hansen) to build a new arena for an NBA team in Sodo (south Seattle), next to Safeco Field (Mariners) and Century Link Field (Seahawks). It's an awesome deal but for whatever reason the gov. here is making this very difficult. Supposedly there will be a vote today in the city and county council. I'm hoping that the Sonics will come back so I can go to the games in my Jazz gear! If anyone is interested, I will keep this updated with the latest news.

Wait wait wait...... So the "To Catch a Predator/Wes Mantooth" guy is trying to get an NBA team back in Seattle? They should just move Jordan's team there and call it good.

I'd be surprised if the Kings end up anywhere but SoCal.

https://blogs.ocweekly.com/navelgazing/2012/06/sacramento_kings_anaheim_david_1.php

Stern said recently that there wouldn't support for the Kings moving at all. In general that could change but I don't know if a move to Anaheim in particular would get approved due to the proximity to the LA teams. Plus, the Honda Center is an 19-year old building. It would be smarter to go to a proven basketball city that will build a new arena (assuming everything gets cleared in Seattle).

Yea it was unincoporated King COunty at the time and it was a subdivision with nice big houses up in the mountain above Woodinville. Tons of cool trails back in there to go exploring.

Did you live by Redmond Ridge? All that area is still unincorporated King county.

Wait wait wait...... So the "To Catch a Predator/Wes Mantooth" guy is trying to get an NBA team back in Seattle? They should just move Jordan's team there and call it good.

LOL, that's who I thought of when I first heard the name "Chris Hansen". Why don't you take a seat right there.

If any teams gets moved it should be the Atlanta Hawks. They have been a pretty good team the past 5 years and their fans suck complete ***.

I feel so bad for Seattle fans. They finally get the franchise guy in durant only to have it ripped from them

It's been a while, but, I have the final results of the arena being built to make way for an NBA team. I'm just going to post the e-mail I received from a council member:
I have some good news about the proposed arena, and I wanted you to be the first to know.

I just voted to approve the final Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between King County, the City of Seattle, and the investment group led by Chris Hansen to develop an arena. It passed the King County Council unanimously.

With this vote by the King County Council and a corresponding vote by the Seattle City Council later today, the project can now proceed to the next phase. I will follow up with more information about next steps as we move forward.

My office received thousands of e-mails on this issue, and nearly 400 people turned out to a town hall meeting I held with City Councilmember Mike O'Brien. We answered questions and heard from the public about the proposal. Thank you all for your input.

I have fond memories of my brothers taking me as a kid to Sonics games at the old Coliseum. While this is the first step in a long process, I look forward to the opportunity to one day take my four-year-old twins to NBA games here in Seattle.

It's been a while, but, I have the final results of the arena being built to make way for an NBA team. I'm just going to post the e-mail I received from a council member:
I have some good news about the proposed arena, and I wanted you to be the first to know.

I just voted to approve the final Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between King County, the City of Seattle, and the investment group led by Chris Hansen to develop an arena. It passed the King County Council unanimously.

With this vote by the King County Council and a corresponding vote by the Seattle City Council later today, the project can now proceed to the next phase. I will follow up with more information about next steps as we move forward.

My office received thousands of e-mails on this issue, and nearly 400 people turned out to a town hall meeting I held with City Councilmember Mike O'Brien. We answered questions and heard from the public about the proposal. Thank you all for your input.

I have fond memories of my brothers taking me as a kid to Sonics games at the old Coliseum. While this is the first step in a long process, I look forward to the opportunity to one day take my four-year-old twins to NBA games here in Seattle.

That's great news for Seattle. Unfortunately it could mean bad news for some other team's fans in a different city. But that's the impact of relocating a pro sports franchise.