What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

Rudy SHOULD be frustrated he wasn't getting the ball enough. Here are his FGAs in the last month of play:

9, 6, 7, 12, 8, 7, 5, 4, 4, 9, 8, 4, 3, 4.... How the hell does that make sense? ABSOLUTELY HE SHOULD BE GETTING MORE SHOTS. And all the ballhogs on this team need to stop blaming Rudy for the on-court problems of this team. He's literally the LAST problem of this team on the floor when it comes to selfishness and taking shots he shouldn't be taking. How about try to find the guy that finishes everything inside? How is it possible that for the last month one of the best finishers in the game has ONE game with over 10 field goal attempts and and 6 games with 5 or under? HOW?

On the other hand, I kind of understand them if they are pissed off at him about the coronavirus thing. The reports are that he's repeatedly made those types of jokes in the locker room and it doesn't matter if it was him catching it from Mitchell or the other way around. They are not mad about him giving them the virus, they are mad about him being irresponsible and putting other people in danger that didn't need to be put in danger. I'm not here to tell Mitchell or anybody else for how long they should be upset with Gobert, but of course at some point there has to be forgiveness and lets hope things get better when they get together after this and get the chance to talk about it and clean things up.

The NBA has a special place in hell for waiting until one of their players tested positive too, did they think they will just skate by and remain unaffected by it? What was the point of prolonging this and putting people in danger? They knew this was community spread. They knew big gatherings are among the biggest culprits of the spread but they had no problem continuing milking the market for as long as possible until one of their players tested positive.

The issue with Rudy on offense is he is EXTREMELY easy to defend. Get into his legs on his rolls and body him outside of 5 feet an he does nothing on offense. He is limited. He is great when he can get some space rolling to the rim but if teams focus on keeping a man between him and the rim he isn't going to do jack ****. Plus his terrible hands make things even more difficult. I completely get why guys are hesitant to get him the ball on offense.

The issue with Rudy on offense is he is EXTREMELY easy to defend. Get into his legs on his rolls and body him outside of 5 feet an he does nothing on offense. He is limited. He is great when he can get some space rolling to the rim but if teams focus on keeping a man between him and the rim he isn't going to do jack ****. Plus his terrible hands make things even more difficult. I completely get why guys are hesitant to get him the ball on offense.
Yeh, no one is saying pass to him when he is guarded, feed him tight window looks, or even post him up, but there are clearly about 1-2 possessions per game where guys just miss him on easy, low-risk passes. And when that happens then the possessions ends in Mitchell putting up his terrible floater, yea Rudy is going to get mad, especially when those same players arent defending.

Yeh, no one is saying pass to him when he is guarded, feed him tight window looks, or even post him up, but there are clearly about 1-2 possessions per game where guys just miss him on easy, low-risk passes. And when that happens then the possessions ends in Mitchell putting up his terrible floater, yea Rudy is going to get mad, especially when those same players arent defending.

I dont disagree with that but 100% of players in the NBA could say the same. It is impossible to get them the ball the right time in the right spot everytime. Rudy needs to know his role and that is not as an offensive focal point.

I dont disagree with that but 100% of players in the NBA could say the same. It is impossible to get them the ball the right time in the right spot everytime. Rudy needs to know his role and that is not as an offensive focal point.
It kind of is his ROLL (pun intended) in the offense though. He sets picks and goes to the rim, and if he is there with no one between him and the rim, and there is a passing angle that allows for the ball to be above his waist, it should be made.

The only conclusion I can reach is that the basketball gods hate Jazzfans. Probably because we enjoyed watching all those years of Karl and John leveling other players with picks.

I used to think drafting Kanter and burks ahead of Kawai and Trey infront of ...everyone was the basketball gods punishing us. Now i see it was only the Jazz being stupid which only causes the basketball gods to punish us more.

I agree but starting to think they are deliberately not passing him the ball.

Rudy needs to go this offseason. No way in hell should we max him. Teams are going away from the traditional center. Who is the last team that won a title with a center like Gobert? The 2004 Pistons? 16 years ago?

It kind of is his ROLL (pun intended) in the offense though. He sets picks and goes to the rim, and if he is there with no one between him and the rim, and there is a passing angle that allows for the ball to be above his waist, it should be made.

It should be, I agree. But it is not an easy pass, and Rudy is not an easy recipient. He is a 1 trick pony on offense. He is great at it but he is easy to neutralize if the other teams decides to focus on it.

I get rolling for dunks is awesome and is super high % but he is very limited and that is on him. Seems like if he gets missed at all in the first quarter he just checks out and starts boobing.

It should be, I agree. But it is not an easy pass, and Rudy is not an easy recipient. He is a 1 trick pony on offense. He is great at it but he is easy to neutralize if the other teams decides to focus on it.

I get rolling for dunks is awesome and is super high % but he is very limited and that is on him. Seems like if he gets missed at all in the first quarter he just checks out and starts boobing.
Like I said they miss 1-2 easy, low risk passes per game. There are about another 1-2 that are higher risk and I understand why they avoid throwing. The ones I'm discussing are in no way hard passes and should be made.

I clearly said a center like Gobert which also means your 2nd best player.
You should specify that because it is not clear.

And if you are being that specific, it's ridiculous. You can do the same thing with Mitchell as well.

When the last time someone won a championship with their best player being 6'1? The 89 Pistons?

The truth is hardly anyone wins anything without elite wing players. The Jazz are a current disadvantage against the trend with either Gobert or Mitchell.

Like I said they miss 1-2 easy, low risk passes per game. There are about another 1-2 that are higher risk and I understand why they avoid throwing. The ones I'm discussing are in no way hard passes and should be made.

I just don't think Rudy is in a position to let not getting the ball on offense hurt his defensive game.

This team in its current iteration is done. I see no good exit out of this situation.

Option 1: We keep them both and we have a team where one of our stars can't stand the other one and is likely to bolt the first chance he gets.
Option 2: We trade our best player Gobert for peanuts. This team is trash without him.
Option 3: We trade Mitchell and look like idiots as the team that chose the older fool of a center who acted irresponsibly and stopped the NBA and will need a big contract next year and the team that gave up on a young star for him.
Option 4: Just trade them both and start over? I guess...

There is no win in this situation. This is ****ing ridiculous. Oh and BTW... can you imagine the fans reaction to Mitchell when he forces Rudy out of the team? This won't be pretty... I can see the arena booing him every time he gets the ball.

So which one do I choose? No idea... I'm gonna have to sleep on it and think about it a bit more... IMO they MUST try to get them on the same page when the quarantine is lifted. Try it, if it works, great... if not... we are ****ed.
I actually think it's pretty simple.
Trade Rudy and avoid that supermax.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I actually think it's pretty simple.
Trade Rudy and avoid that supermax.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I'm not in love with either Rudy or Don. So I'm confused. Don is an inefficient undersized guard that doesn't get to the line. Rudy is a 1 trick pony on offense that can be nuetralized on offense and defense with the right game plan.

Basically we're F'ed. Can't wait for 8 more years of 5 seeds.