What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

Donovan's latest tweet lol

Honestly this community really did love Donovan, and it makes me sad, but the fact he can't say anything worthwhile right now, is a little proof this community doesn't mean a heck of a lot to him. Definitely not what he says it does.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

Regardless. I'm not looking for Donovan to say he's good with Rudy. But its time to say he's committed to the organization and that he is committed to his teammates and whatever is between Rudy and he is between them. That's all I want to hear. He doesn't have to forgive and forget, he doesn't have to make things right. He simply needs to address it. If he can promote shoes and **** he can certainly address this.

Rudy needs to go this offseason. No way in hell should we max him. Teams are going away from the traditional center. Who is the last team that won a title with a center like Gobert? The 2004 Pistons? 16 years ago?

The Warriors with Andrew Bogut. And I'm sure the Warriors would love to add Rudy to their team.

This sounds like the Jazz preparing the fanbase for Rudy departure. Stuff like that doesn't leak unless someone wants it to leak.

This may be true, but I still think it boils down to contract negotiations. See Cousins, Demarcus and Walker, Kemba.

It kind of is his ROLL (pun intended) in the offense though. He sets picks and goes to the rim, and if he is there with no one between him and the rim, and there is a passing angle that allows for the ball to be above his waist, it should be made.

Unless Conley is too small to get that pass off. Ingles does it consistently though.

Quin is a really smart guy. I can't believe he allowed this to fester until it is a major headache and problem. Reminds me of the Shaq and Kobe pettiness.

If the Jazz want to keep Rudy they may be in the drivers seat to do so for a couple of reasons

1. Class of 2021 is all-time deep. The teams that have the outright cap space are going to be fixated on people like Giannis and Kawhi and Paul George. As good as Rudy is, he's a tier 2 free agent in that class

2. Who else is committing 30 percent of their cap to Rudy? He has more value to the Jazz than he does to the rest of the league. The Jazz have built their entire scheme around Rudy defensively. They play a unique style. Who else is willing to do that?

3. There may not be cap space. The economy is shut down and that may affect NBA finance for this summer and next summer

There does seem to be an issue here where the Jazz's two best players don't exactly fit well together. When Gordon Hayward was here, he created out of the high screen/roll with Gobert on nearly every possession. They played off each other extremely well. Whereas, it seems like Mitchell barely uses a screen, he waives Gobert off, and he wants to go one-on-one.

The other elephant in the living room here is that Mike Conley has some limitations due to his size where he's not able to set up Gobert as well as I think the Jazz expected. Ingles is actually more efficient at initiating than Conley has been because he can pass over the top of the defense. So they've been playing Conley as a spot-up shooter. I think if the Jazz had a guard or wing who could put Gobert in the position he needs to be in to score, that would help keep the peace.

I think that in order for the Jazz to take the next step, they need a dynamic wing between Mitchell and Gobert.

Last edited:
There does seem to be an issue here where the Jazz's two best players don't exactly fit well together. When Gordon Hayward was here, he created out of the high screen/roll with Gobert on nearly every possession. They played off each other extremely well. Whereas, it seems like Mitchell barely uses a screen, he waives Gobert off, and he wants to go one-on-one.

The other elephant in the living room here is that Mike Conley has some limitations due to his size where he's not able to set up Gobert as well as I think the Jazz expected. Ingles is actually more efficient at initiating than Conley has been because he can pass over the top of the defense. So they've been playing Conley as a spot-up shooter. I think if the Jazz had a guard or wing who could put Gobert in the position he needs to be in to score, that would help keep the peace.

I think that in order for the Jazz to take the next step, they need a dynamic wing between Mitchell and Gobert.
I honestly feel bad for Mike and Bogey in all this......they don't deserve this. Mike comes and has to deal with two big personalities turning this into a **** show. He hasn't got along well with Rudy either I don't think, at least not on the court. Idk, really sucks that this is how things ended up for a lot of people. Rudy and Donovans selfishness is very much going to impact everyone elses careers on the team as well.