What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

Would the Warriors love to give 180 million to Gobert? considering that most decisive minutes play with Green as C?

They might give Rudy 3 years and $90 million, in part because Draymond has looked like a shell of his former self. Keep in mind also, the Warriors no longer have some of the defenders that made them who they were--Iguodala, KD, Livingston, etc. Splash Bros. + Rudy makes them a threat to make the WCF for the next 2-3 years.

I honestly feel bad for Mike and Bogey in all this......they don't deserve this. Mike comes and has to deal with two big personalities turning this into a **** show. He hasn't got along well with Rudy either I don't think, at least not on the court. Idk, really sucks that this is how things ended up for a lot of people. Rudy and Donovans selfishness is very much going to impact everyone elses careers on the team as well.

I think if Mike were able to feed Rudy the way the Jazz expected when they traded for him, Rudy wouldn't be so disgruntled. The solution to make Rudy happy is to bring in another player who works well with Rudy.

What I don't get is why today reporters write so many articles with unnamed sources. I did take grad courses in journalism and did work for a daily newspaper. That was awhile ago but it isn't how I was taught. So, apparently, if you are the real TJ, you're telling me those sources are very reliable.

I think what is lost in most of this chatter is that not very much of the 7,000 words we wrote for this story was attributed to an unnamed source.

We had multiple people on the record extensively, and the Donovan/Rudy angle was very small and frankly not the focus of the story itself.

The quote in question came from a reliable unnamed source. It became the money line of the story because Bleacher report and other aggregators picked it up and ran with it. I was disappointed in that, because me and sam and shams spent a month reporting the entire story and working on every detail, a process that started the day I started quarantine.

I think it's one of the best projects I've been a part of. I will say I think the Donovan and Rudy stuff eventually works itself out. The Jazz are too solid an organization, with too solid an infrastructure and culture. And Donovan and Rudy are genuinely good guys who I like and respect.

That being said, I wish more of the focus in the aftermath of this story dropping was on the tremendous context and details of that night because it was a surreal experience for all involved.

I think what is lost in most of this chatter is that not very much of the 7,000 words we wrote for this story was attributed to an unnamed source.

We had multiple people on the record extensively, and the Donovan/Rudy angle was very small and frankly not the focus of the story itself.

The quote in question came from a reliable unnamed source. It became the money line of the story because Bleacher report and other aggregators picked it up and ran with it. I was disappointed in that, because me and sam and shams spent a month reporting the entire story and working on every detail, a process that started the day I started quarantine.

I think it's one of the best projects I've been a part of. I will say I think the Donovan and Rudy stuff eventually works itself out. The Jazz are too solid an organization, with too solid an infrastructure and culture. And Donovan and Rudy are genuinely good guys who I like and respect.

That being said, I wish more of the focus in the aftermath of this story dropping was on the tremendous context and details of that night because it was a surreal experience for all involved.
But we all knew that's what everyone would run with and now basically the entire good of the story is washed because of it. And it really sucks that Donovan and Rudy can't say something. Joe ****ing Ingles is the one who has to be the grown up here and not the faces of the franchise. For Gods sakes say something. We get that there are more important things right now but if he can post 10 times a day about shoes he can sure as **** address this.

Guess we heard it from the horse's mouth. We'll have to see if they can kiss and make up. Forgiveness is the better part of valor. Now, of course, I didn't make that up ... the old bard did. It has stood the test of time.

It’s funny though because he’d probably miss the pass half the time regardless.

My God, part of me would like to see Rudy leave just so dumbasses like you can cry about missing the playoffs for the next 5 years. This is the same kind of trash that people were talking back when Rudy got hurt and Utah was a completely different team without him. How in the **** does anyone not remember that? Or the time some dumbasses thought Gordon Haywood was the best player on the team and Utah was going to fall apart without him. Some people never learn.

Rudy is by far the most important aspect of Utah winning since he took over for Kantcer. Please don't make anymore comments about how many games you've watched this year, as you're obviously having a hard time seeing with your head shoved so far up your ***.

My God, part of me would like to see Rudy leave just so dumbasses like you can cry about missing the playoffs for the next 5 years. This is the same kind of trash that people were talking back when Rudy got hurt and Utah was a completely different team without him. How in the **** does anyone not remember that? Or the time some dumbasses thought Gordon Haywood was the best player on the team and Utah was going to fall apart without him. Some people never learn.

Rudy is by far the most important aspect of Utah winning since he took over for Kantcer. Please don't make anymore comments about how many games you've watched this year, as you're obviously having a hard time seeing with your head shoved so far up your ***.
White Chocolate is right though. There are times when his effort has been half-hearted, likely because the team isn't passing him the ball when he's open, and that is what has caused this rift. For all the dumb **** that Carolina Jazz shovels, he was right about one thing. Rubio, with all his faults, was much better for team chemistry than Conley, who has caused a lot of disconnects among the rest of the team.

majority of them do, you know how many people wear his stuff in Toronto? zero man sorry
So a city which just won their first title ever last summer doesn't seem to show a whole lot of Spida stuff? Weird....

I live in Nashville, and I know 3 guys under 20 years old who bought his shoes.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I agree that Rudy is not worth a supermax and he is limited on offense. I remeber that first embarrassing Houston game this season when on the first 3 possessions in the row they tried to feed Rudy (you could see that was supposed to be a game plan since Rockets were playing super small) and he couldn't do a ****. Yes, there are moments when he is open and they miss him but I don't think he is entitled to bitch about it because his hands don't exactly inspire confidence in the passer. And I do believe that Rudy can be difficult teammate just by observing his reactions. I don't like how he throws tantrums when the referees don't buy his flopping. I can't say crying in public about the allstar snub was a sign of being mature and self confident (although I hated people like Draymond laughing at it).
But still he is a great player and our whole defense system is not just based on him, it's him in person, we just let him do 90% of the job now. If he goes away it will take much more than one move to rebuild our D. I can see us dropping to Wizzards or Knicks level of defensive rating if he goes away. So in general we are screwed because the puzzle which was already difficult to put together with players limitations, not fitting together and contracts/cap space/assets has now become even more screwed with that new conflict..

Part of me blames Quin in all this. Blame is a bit strong but this **** just doesn’t happen out of nowhere. If Rudy was taking to it too far with corona nonsense in the locker room, he should’ve said something. If Quin has put Rudy up onto this sort of pedestal, I could see others resenting him a bit. I don’t know. ****. Happy Easter, everyone.

Is there video of Donovan putting his mouth on a water bottle and then dumping on players after a celebration? Did it happen in NY, in Boston and in Detroit?

Part of me blames Quin in all this. Blame is a bit strong but this **** just doesn’t happen out of nowhere. If Rudy was taking to it too far with corona nonsense in the locker room, he should’ve said something. If Quin has put Rudy up onto this sort of pedestal, I could see others resenting him a bit. I don’t know. ****. Happy Easter, everyone.

rot always starts from the top. I can’t believe Quin hasn’t gotten them in together to sort **** out even before the virus stuff

Before 02/01/2020 :
Gobert-Mitchell : 24min/G
Gobert-Mitchell : OFFRTG 115.3 ; DEFRTG 103.2
Mitchell : 19.9 FGA/45.9FG%/30.4USG%
Gobert : 8.6 FGA/68.7FG%/16.8USG%

After 02/01/2020
:
Gobert-Mitchell : 32min/G
Gobert-Mitchell : OFFRTG 108.9 ; DEFRTG 116.6
Mitchell : 18.9 FGA/44.2FG%/30.6USG%
Gobert : 6.5 FGA/72.1FG%/13.8USG%

Clearly, it seemed to coincide with Mike Conley coming back.

So a city which just won their first title ever last summer doesn't seem to show a whole lot of Spida stuff? Weird....

I live in Nashville, and I know 3 guys under 20 years old who bought his shoes.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

I mean they are on sale now and again, I've never seen anyone wearing them at the YMCA or other rec gyms I played ball at before covid, even walking the streets never noticed any. Regardless of championships that is a fact from my observations.