What's new

RIFT IN JAZZ LOCKER ROOM

You just do no add to an unfair mate situation. Not a nice thing to do. You can make a mistake of course. It's how you deal with it what matters. Mitchell's a good kid (emphasis on "kid"). He'll realize I guess, same way Gobert realized sometimes it's not a good idea to be jackpotting around.

I didn’t say Rudy wasn’t a child at times to. But Rudy has addressed this. Donovan continues to be a baby and far from a leader or face of the franchise that is respectable right now. I’m team not one, both have been children, at least one of them talked and directly and willingly addressed the situation at hand and answered that question honestly too. Donovan isn’t creating problems for just Rudy, he’s created issues for his teammates and the entire organization he plays for.

I thought he addressed it pretty early on with the GMA interview. Might not have to exactly what you wanted to hear but he did talk about his feelings and how it was affecting him.

Donovan isn’t creating problems for just Rudy, he’s created issues for his teammates and the entire organization he plays for.

This. It's ridiculous that two months after if has all happened, Lindsey is having to answer questions about it from the media. And the only reason he's having to do that is that one of the players involved is not saying anything. It's not the media's fault.

I thought he addressed it pretty early on with the GMA interview. Might not have to exactly what you wanted to hear but he did talk about his feelings and how it was affecting him.
He actually furthered the report and drama with that. Time to be a big boy and address the mess you created. Like just address it. Make yourself available to the media for 15 minutes and do what’s best for your organization and the rest of your teammates. DJ&PK even on Joe Ingles show when he had to answer questions about it for like the 4th time said “Jazz fans want to believe that Joe, but they would appreciate hearing it from Donovan. He can come on our show, he can do it in a tweet, Jazz fans would just like to hear from Donovan”. So he knows full well it would be best for him to address it for everyone involved here and he continues to hide from and avoid it.

Last edited:
As much as I love Donovan, I have to agree he has handled this all very very poorly. It’s true that he has every right to feel however he wants, at the same time I thought he was the humble guy that could look in the mirro? I thought his shoes name was based off D.etermination O.ver N.egativity? I thought he loved the fanbase, organization, and city so much? So where is he? Where’s the guy he claims he is? MIA. He’s 23, I get it. If he was 30 and acting this way it would be worse, still, he’s a grown man and he needs to grow from this. I still love and respect Donovan, but he really should say something for the betterment of his team, his organization, and everyone involved. This isn’t how you create a solid, stable culture for your team or organization.

We are still talking about it so it must sell shoes.
Thing is, I honestly would have bought far more of his stuff in the last 2 months if this wasn’t going on. I’ve bought a couple pairs of his shoes, but the deals are so good on things right now that had he handled himself reasonably here I would have bought a lot more. Places are having awesome sells right now. Donovan’s a good kid and this is his first and only misstep. I still very much like him, but how he comes out of this and comes back from it will be telling and important. How Rudy does will be too, Rudy has a lot to look in the mirror at as well but that stuff will be on the court. This situation can be handled by Don right now.

Relax people. We have like 10% of the info and hints & allegations. I’m not judging either of them right now. DM very well could have a good reason to be ticked. I still hope he lets it go truly and they move on better for it, whatever it was.

The bottom line is, we know jack squat.

What some posters don’t seem to get though is that if it’s fine for DM to be ticked for whatever, it’s a 2 way street. Fans that buy crap, tune in to games, and pay for seats have the right to be judgy and opinionated on those hints and allegations just as much as players are for what really happened. If you don’t like it, then spill the beans, otherwise suck it up and be a pro and take fan opinions with a grain of salt.

For all the negative crap that is said, there are 10 other fans that don’t feel that way. Also the fans have just as much right to be idiots as the players do.

Fans just want to win, want their players to be awesome, and get along at least enough to win. Most fans here love this whole team, even the armchair GM’s.

Fans love winning even more than being right.

Can we stop the whining about what DM or Rudy should have done though? I’m even willing to listen to homeytennis GLeague options for our 16th player next year.

Relax people. We have like 10% of the info and hints & allegations. I’m not judging either of them right now. DM very well could have a good reason to be ticked. I still hope he lets it go truly and they move on better for it, whatever it was.

The bottom line is, we know jack squat.

What some posters don’t seem to get though is that if it’s fine for DM to be ticked for whatever, it’s a 2 way street. Fans that buy crap, tune in to games, and pay for seats have the right to be judgy and opinionated on those hints and allegations just as much as players are for what really happened. If you don’t like it, then spill the beans, otherwise suck it up and be a pro and take fan opinions with a grain of salt.

For all the negative crap that is said, there are 10 other fans that don’t feel that way. Also the fans have just as much right to be idiots as the players do.

Fans just want to win, want their players to be awesome, and get along at least enough to win. Most fans here love this whole team, even the armchair GM’s.

Fans love winning even more than being right.

Can we stop the whining about what DM or Rudy should have done though? I’m even willing to listen to homeytennis GLeague options for our 16th player next year.
He has every right to feel however he wants. It’s irrelevant. When you’re the face of the franchise, approaching getting a pay day of $175 million, it’s your job to do the right thing and create a good culture and stable environment with your franchise, and that includes when it’s uncomfortable and also at times when you don’t want to do it because it’s the best thing to do for everyone involved and the franchise you play for. Sometimes you just do and say the right things just because you should, not because you feel like it, and at the hardest moments is when it’s most important and shows what you’re truly made of.

Last edited:
He has every right to feel however he wants. It’s irrelevant. When you’re the face of the franchise, approaching getting a pay day of $175 million, it’s your job to do the right thing and create a good culture and stable environment with your franchise, and that includes when it’s uncomfortable and also at times when you don’t want to do it because it’s the best thing to do for everyone involved and the franchise you play for. Sometimes you just do and say the right things just because you should, not because you feel like it, and at the hardest moments is when it’s most important and shows what you’re truly made of.
Says you.

Sure that sounds nice and fuzzy.

You are entitled to your opinion.

As of right now he’s not even close to the highest paid player on the team. He’s paid to ball and hopefully win.

I give him an allowance to be ticked when/if he felt/feels like possible life or death stuff was treated like a game.

I also give allowance to Rudy to have fun and screw around with buddies/teammates when this is something new to the world so he didn’t really know how serious it could be.

How many of us ticked off a friend because we were messing around with something they took serious?

Anyways, give it a rest. Give them both a break.

In a breaking development Donovan finally liked Rudy’s most recent Instagram post. For context I think this would be the first photo they’ve liked of each other’s since All Star break.

B4FCB22F-7FCA-4791-9470-9CA369A60288.jpeg

Last edited:
You guys aren't asking the important question here. Who dat girl doe?