What's new

Rocky Mountain Revue coming back?

Jazz Traveler

https://grantland.com/the-triangle/13-observations-from-the-d-league-showcase/

In November, Jeff Zilgitt of USA Today reported that officials from the Jazz and the league office were pushing to revive the old Rocky Mountain Revue summer basketball league in Utah — perhaps as early as this coming summer. The push has continued since, and several sources at the Showcase said the league appears on track to host a four- or six-team summer league in Utah this year. An announcement could come soon.

Would love to see the Jazz get the RMR back.

Especially since the Orlando showcase sucks so bad. In fact we should reinstate it just to specifically troll Orlando. . .

What's your beef on Orlando? A team that skipped a future superstar making him available for us. Because he is going to be a superstar right? Right? :D *hysterical laugh

Love me some RMR. Me and my boys would be there for sure!

They say this every year, but then again DL makes good things happen. I wonder how many issues have arisen from 18 year olds with big checks in Vegas...

I miss the RMR. I used to go to every game like camping out 18 hours per day at SLICK. I was there so much in 2006 that I actually befriended Sap Brewer DWill and Araujo kind of because I kept buying popcorn and stuff and telling them id fill CJ's locker with it if they gave me a pass across the security. CJ was a bloke he'd jackpot around the sidelines trying to get in rap battles with fans. I never liked that guy.

I loved the rmr also. Used to go to almost every game every year.

I remember going when it took place at east high school gym. If you got there early enough it was free..... and only a dollar to get in anyways. I remember sitting next to blue Edwards in the crowd. Getting shoes from dana barros, John crotty, etc.

Shawn Kemp was the best player I ever saw at the rmr.

Those were the days

Will the RMR be in addition to, or in place of, the Las Vegas SL?

Some of my fondest memories were taking a few days off with my dad and hanging out at the RMR. Good times.

Jody Genessy: The revived Rocky Mountain Revue will be small, but the Jazz have received a lot of interest from NBA teams to participate. Twitter @DJJazzyJody

Jody Genessy: I've been told the Rocky Mountain Revue will indeed be back in Utah this summer, adding to reports from @Jeff Zillgitt and @Zach Lowe

Will the RMR be in addition to, or in place of, the Las Vegas SL?

In addition to; Las Vegas will NEVER go away. I'm sure the RMR would siphon off some teams from Orlando. Orlando has no fan involvement. The games take place in a closed practice facility. I hate watching Utah play in Orlando.

What's your beef on Orlando? A team that skipped a future superstar making him available for us. Because he is going to be a superstar right? Right? :D *hysterical laugh

I'm not sure how serious the question was, but the Orlando Summer League sucks from a fan perspective because no fans can attend games - just media and team personnel.

In addition to; Las Vegas will NEVER go away. I'm sure the RMR would siphon off some teams from Orlando. Orlando has no fan involvement. The games take place in a closed practice facility. I hate watching Utah play in Orlando.

I was unclear, let me try this. For teams that participate in the RMR will they also be allowed to participate, if they wish to, in the Las Vegas SL? (I know that the Las Vegas SL itself will always be around)

I was unclear, let me try this. For teams that participate in the RMR will they also be allowed to participate, if they wish to, in the Las Vegas SL? (I know that the Las Vegas SL itself will always be around)

I'm sure that would be the case. I think some teams currently go to the Orlando and LV summer leagues.

EDIT: At least the Heat, Rockets, and 76ers had teams in Orlando and LV in 2014.

https://www.nba.com/summerleague/2014/teams/?iref:nba:sl:subnav

Sounds like the Jazz are going to do both the RMR and Vegas. Vegas is July 11 to 21st. Orlando always does their league earlier in July. Looks like the Jazz may have to schedule in late July

Also nice to know that there is plenty of interest from teams wanting to participate in the RMR. Seemed the last few years the Jazz hosted the RMR they had trouble recruiting teams.

I for one am high on two Summer leagues for our young guys. Especially players like Exum and Hood.

I for one am high on two Summer leagues for our young guys. Especially players like Exum and Hood.

Yep, after 2 summer league tournaments we will know EXACTLY which players are going to hit and which are going to bust. Should make everything else easier! :)

Also nice to know that there is plenty of interest from teams wanting to participate in the RMR. Seemed the last few years the Jazz hosted the RMR they had trouble recruiting teams.

I think part of other teams being interested in doing the RMR is that the LV has gotten really big. Probably too big.

I loved the rmr also. Used to go to almost every game every year.

I remember going when it took place at east high school gym. If you got there early enough it was free..... and only a dollar to get in anyways. I remember sitting next to blue Edwards in the crowd. Getting shoes from dana barros, John crotty, etc.

Shawn Kemp was the best player I ever saw at the rmr.

Those were the days

Yep. Zach Randolph might be the best I ever saw there - so dominant. Dirk, after his rookie (or after his second year) year was unstoppable. Cedric Ceballos. Bonzi Wells. AK in his first year there was sick. Drazen Petrovic was incredible before Blue beat the **** out of him.