What's new

Rocky Mountain Revue to return??

whiffspree

Sorry if this has already been posted... but...

Bill Oram: Have heard several times this week that the Jazz are interested in resurrecting Rocky Mountain Revue. It’s an active topic of discussion Twitter @tribjazz

Sorry if this has already been posted... but...

Bill Oram: Have heard several times this week that the Jazz are interested in resurrecting Rocky Mountain Revue. It’s an active topic of discussion Twitter @tribjazz

Why? In the last few years they had trouble getting anyone to participate. Everyone preferred Florida or Vegas. What changed?

If I had to guess... I think some NBA teams might prefer the smaller Summer Leagues.

Las Vegas Summer League has grown bigger and bigger each year... maybe it's gotten too big for its own good.

If I was a NBA GM... I think I prefer to evaluate prospects in the more intimate settings like the Orlando Summer League or quite possibly the Rocky Mountain Revue again.

Also, I can totally see why teams might not want to participate in Vegas. I honestly can't think of many worse places in the U.S. to hold such an event.

Monday or Tuesday Randy Rigby talking on Ckecketts show said something like this: "We miss the RMR, we have got some encouraging feedback, and I am going to try again this week to gather enough interest from teams so that we can do it."

I wonder if Orlando is shutting it down?

I also wonder if it is possible to start a league of sorts in august/september to fill the void in the nba season. Teams could send their rookies and players with less than 2000 nba minutes to SLC to have them play organized games on teams with mixed rosters. They could get a few D-leaguers and d-league coaches to participate. Send in Jerry, invite Larry Brown, Larry Bird, those Van Gundy Brothers to provide the celbrity in the form of senior basketball coaches, and gurus.

When i watched the SL games i've always noticed how they just play in a small gym. i liked how at the RMR there were fans watching. i mean i got to dance in front of all those fans in 2006. Made Hot Rod and Ron Boone laugh i was so good. and all the fans were cheering BOO or was it BOO-urns for all those simpsons fans out there