What's new

Rodney hood appreciation thread

Already trademarked by Max Hall.
Max Haul
thief.jpg

Bump. How good is this kid going to be? I don't remember such a smooth transition from college basketball to the NBA from any player for a long time. His shot is so pretty and can't get blocked. He has a great character and is a hard worker. He will end up being the leader of his team, just like he was in college.

Those clutch shots like last night's will start falling more often and I have a feeling he will be the 1st player in this team to make the All Star game. Come all in and join the Hood love fest.

459802272.jpg

He's going to be really, really good. Obviously.

Hood scores (rather easily) on all 3 levels, he operates seamlessly with or without the ball, or in Iso or P'n'R situations, you can't put him on the line, his 3pt stroke is pure, and he seems to have a penchant for converting on big 3's.

Back when he got drafted I used to post that I thought he had a chance to be one of the best lefty shooters in the league, and it appears he's already achieved that in under 2 seasons which is nothing short of remarkable.

The timeframe on his rookie contract is perfect for the Jazz too, with Haywards pending free agency in the summer of 2017 -- he's better insurance then any team could ask for.

Hood and Burks (when not injured) are the only two players on the Jazz I feel can completely take over games offensively and score on ANYONE.

If we do face the Spurs in the playoffs, Hood needs to be our go-to guy, because Hayward always disappears against the Spurs.

Hood is blowing up. The Spurs couldn't stop him once he got going. He just didn't have good position on that last shot, but his 5-7 foot jumper is almost unstoppable unless the other team gets help from one of its shot-blocking bigs.