What's new

Roster Addition Wish List

As time goes on I'm getting more and more interested in Spencer Dinwiddie. The numbers being thrown around for an extension for him with the Nets were like 4 years/$48 million, but it doesn't look like he's taking it. If the Jazz could get him for 3 years/$48 million I would be all over that. He just scored 39 points last night in the Net's win. He's an athletic scorer. He's only 25 years old and is a 6'6" hybrid guard. Pair him with Mitchell in the back court and away we go.
He wants the 4x$48 from Brooklyn but they haven't offered it yet. Don't know what they are thinking....

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

He wants the 4x$48 from Brooklyn but they haven't offered it yet. Don't know what they are thinking....

The longer they go the less risk of injury there is for Spencer and the more feedback he will get from back channels. Nets should get this done now... If he goes to unrestricted free agency and is healthy... he gets a minimum of 15-16M a year... likely pushes closer to $20M. I'd waive Russell's caphold in FA without hesitation if they need to clear space for two max guys.

The only reason not to do it now... is if they are trading him this year. Which may not be a bad idea... their rebuild starts now that they have their first round picks back. Getting additional draft assets and ensuring they suck their way into the bottom 4-5 teams in the league aint a terrible idea. Although... Dinwiddie on a 4/48 would have more trade value imo than him on an expiring deal headed towards FA.

They could do the extension now and I think he'd be trade eligible by draft time. It's a bit puzzling.

As time goes on I'm getting more and more interested in Spencer Dinwiddie. The numbers being thrown around for an extension for him with the Nets were like 4 years/$48 million, but it doesn't look like he's taking it. If the Jazz could get him for 3 years/$48 million I would be all over that. He just scored 39 points last night in the Net's win. He's an athletic scorer. He's only 25 years old and is a 6'6" hybrid guard. Pair him with Mitchell in the back court and away we go.

4/48 is the most they can offer right now... he has publicly stated he wants the extension. Nets are being straight stupid. If they don't sign him to the deal he's out of there and will make more... unless he gets hurt. Only reason he takes it is he has not made much in his career and so locking in that money is a big deal if he sustains a serious injury.

He's a super smart dude... he likely knows he can live off of that money and grow it... Nets would be wise to lock it in... almost no reason to hesitate other than if they want to trade him and tank hard.

Awesome. I think it is completely non-idiotic to ignore the results of the trade. I mean Korver is so old I'm not sure all these shots he's making even count. And all he does is make really valuable shots... which no one should really care about.

Korver currently averaging 7pt with 37% from deep. Shamet averages 8pt with 38% from 3. Korver is one of the greatest 3pt shooters in history. But we wouldn't be desperate to the point of having to give up AB+2picks for him if we have Shamet. Also I can see Shamet playing for a long time in this league. I don't see that being the case with Korver or Allen.
Again, he isnt shooting like Korver. Don't be a hack.

The longer they go the less risk of injury there is for Spencer and the more feedback he will get from back channels. Nets should get this done now... If he goes to unrestricted free agency and is healthy... he gets a minimum of 15-16M a year... likely pushes closer to $20M. I'd waive Russell's caphold in FA without hesitation if they need to clear space for two max guys.

The only reason not to do it now... is if they are trading him this year. Which may not be a bad idea... their rebuild starts now that they have their first round picks back. Getting additional draft assets and ensuring they suck their way into the bottom 4-5 teams in the league aint a terrible idea. Although... Dinwiddie on a 4/48 would have more trade value imo than him on an expiring deal headed towards FA.

They could do the extension now and I think he'd be trade eligible by draft time. It's a bit puzzling.
It's insane if they don't offer it and it's crazy if he takes it.

It's insane if they don't offer it and it's crazy if he takes it.

I agree on the first... I understand why he'd take it though. If you haven't made tens of millions risking an injury (and he had a serious one in college) is scary. Betting 50 million to make an additional 30 million is tough to do if you haven't made a ton already... and the downside is you Livingston or Parsons your knee and end up making 9/10M over the next few years. That first big payday is tough not to lock in and he's super smart... he knows what his value is on the open market. If they offer after the trade deadline he may not view the risk the same way.

It's okay to leave some money on the table for certainty. His shooting could tail off like it did last year and then the offers might come in closer to $50m anyway.

He probably used his Jazz numbers before last night. The last three games Korver had been 2/12 from 3.

He did, but the game was in the books... and if you want to go with a limited sample cutting out one good performance produces extreme results. Either take the full available sample or use the full year average... either way straight percentages don't tell half the story anyway.

All the Kyle trade haters gonna get served crow... repent now and save yourselves while you can.

I agree on the first... I understand why he'd take it though. If you haven't made tens of millions risking an injury (and he had a serious one in college) is scary. Betting 50 million to make an additional 30 million is tough to do if you haven't made a ton already... and the downside is you Livingston or Parsons your knee and end up making 9/10M over the next few years. That first big payday is tough not to lock in and he's super smart... he knows what his value is on the open market. If they offer after the trade deadline he may not view the risk the same way.

It's okay to leave some money on the table for certainty. His shooting could tail off like it did last year and then the offers might come in closer to $50m anyway.

An example from real-life. I have a work associate that makes decent money... he invested in this penny stock pharma company and it hit huge on some news that was basically certain to happen... The stock became worth $400k overnight. The guy who got him into the stock told him to wait because it was doubling in a week when the news became public... he didn't sell. The news went the wrong way a few days later and the stock basically became permanently worthless.

Again, he isnt shooting like Korver. Don't be a hack.
Of course he isn't. But he's only gonna get better in the future. Even if he doesn't get better, he's gonna stick around in this league for a long time by just keeping his shooting. Krover isn't gonna be around for long we all know that. And neither is Allen if he continues to shoot 25% from deep.

He did, but the game was in the books... and if you want to go with a limited sample cutting out one good performance produces extreme results. Either take the full available sample or use the full year average... either way straight percentages don't tell half the story anyway.

All the Kyle trade haters gonna get served crow... repent now and save yourselves while you can.
I don't hate on the Korver trade. But it's not a trade we necessarily have to make have we drafted Shamet instead of Allen.

I agree. I'm pretty sure I know these answers, but just want to be sure:

- if we traded for Dinwiddie, we couldn't offer him the same extension correct? That means we would be trading for a guy who is unrestricted in the summer right?

- if Brooklyn does sign him to the extension, when is the earliest they could trade him? Isn't it middle of next season?

-

I agree. I'm pretty sure I know these answers, but just want to be sure:

- if we traded for Dinwiddie, we couldn't offer him the same extension correct? That means we would be trading for a guy who is unrestricted in the summer right?

- if Brooklyn does sign him to the extension, when is the earliest they could trade him? Isn't it middle of next season?

-

6 month wait time for both... so if we traded for him would he sign an extension in June? Nah... at that point he wants the extra money.
They can trade him 6 months after the extension.

Of course he isn't. But he's only gonna get better in the future. Even if he doesn't get better, he's gonna stick around in this league for a long time by just keeping his shooting. Krover isn't gonna be around for long we all know that. And neither is Allen if he continues to shoot 25% from deep.
Allen has barely played. You cant look at his stats.

I don't hate on the Korver trade. But it's not a trade we necessarily have to make have we drafted Shamet instead of Allen.

Korver and Shamet aren't in the same role or situation. If Allen was playing (out of necessity as shamet is) do we know that he wouldn't be shooting 37-38 percent on threes? Shamet plays off of Simmons and Embiid and doesn't get anywhere near the defensive attention that Korver does.

I don't think it is time to lament taking Allen over Shamet.

And why does anyone care about trading Burks?

The guy wasnt consistently good. Also he was constantly injured.

Last edited: