What's new

Roster Building From Here - FA and Summer of 2023

I think I pass on FVV. I don’t think it makes much sense for a rebuilding or retooling team prioritizing youth and potential to handcuff themselves to a 30-year old 6’ PG that has racked up more on-court miles than anyone in the last couple of years is sound decision making. I’m never a big fan of marrying players that might just suddenly fall off a cliff, and grinding PGs over 30 are the most likely to do that.

I won’t riot if he’s signed but I just don’t think that’s the direction we should be going (unless an off-ramp is already in the works that flips him before the debt is due).
These guys can fall off a cliff or some are aging better than they have historically. You'd be crossing your fingers you get the Kyle Lowry age 29-32 seasons... its a risk and if we have better ways to utilize our cap space I get it. If we are trying to shorten the process I would prefer a FA signing over a big trade.

He's kinda scary though... I get it.

These guys can fall off a cliff or some are aging better than they have historically. You'd be crossing your fingers you get the Kyle Lowry age 29-32 seasons... its a risk and if we have better ways to utilize our cap space I get it. If we are trying to shorten the process I would prefer a FA signing over a big trade.

He's kinda scary though... I get it.
FVV has never been as good as Kyle Lowry....

Very similar, but FVV is a rung or two below. He doesn't have the same magic juice. It's like diet magic juice.

FVV has never been as good as Kyle Lowry....
And??? they are both small guards and right when you thought Lowry would be on the wrong side of 30 he had 6 straight AS appearances from his age 28-33 seasons. This 4 year deal would cover FVV from 29-32... no reason he has to fall off... and maybe he even plays slightly better in a more normal system.

And??? they are both small guards and right when you thought Lowry would be on the wrong side of 30 he had 6 straight AS appearances from his age 28-33 seasons. This 4 year deal would cover FVV from 29-32... no reason he has to fall off... and maybe he even plays slightly better in a more normal system.
I'd rather have Kuzma

Raptors didn't make the playoffs last year and had a much better coach/roster so what does that make FVV?
Still way better than Kuzma. I mean one year does not make a career. FVV has been a winning player his whole career... go ahead and check his on/off numbers for every team he has been on over his career.

If you want to win basketball games FVV is much better... if you want to win TMZ and fashion shows then Kuz is the guy.

Still way better than Kuzma. I mean one year does not make a career. FVV has been a winning player his whole career... go ahead and check his on/off numbers for every team he has been on over his career.

If you want to win basketball games FVV is much better... if you want to win TMZ and fashion shows then Kuz is the guy.
Kuzma just likes to dress weird and got to fancy parties. His hobby is probably healthier than a lot of NBA players. Bro is shooting with Gobert on a random Sunday night. Not like he doesn't put in the work.

Kuzma just likes to dress weird and got to fancy parties. His hobby is probably healthier than a lot of NBA players. Bro is shooting with Gobert on a random Sunday night. Not like he doesn't put in the work.
FVV makes babies and wins basketball games... that's all he knows.

I think Kuzma tries... just think they are similarly less efficient volume scorers but FVV does a lot more for you outside of that... and he's more a position of need. Kuzma has put up numbers on a bad team... if they are similarly priced guys I'd take FVV all day.