What's new

Round 1 Game 2 Utah Jazz at L.A. Clippers 8:30pm MDT

Hayward, Gobert, Hood have all developed. Lyles and Exum the jury is out.

Superior players? They got lucky Gobert went down and the Jazz have been controlling the pace of the series and that was in LA. But nope, must be an LA problem instead of a Utah strength.

Hayward has averaged 19.5 ppg, 8 rpg and 2.5 apg on %s of 100%FT, 42% from 3 and 36%FG Sure his FG% is low and he's in a dog fight but that doesn't look like being shut down to me. Stats don't support that theory either.

Defense? Clippers are shooting 48.5%FG and 31.8% on 3s. Wow, another mixed bag. No disaster? Not "complete trash"?

Jazz have shot 41 FTs to the Clippers 25. So the Jazz are winning that metric as well.

All of this when both games were in LA and it's 1-1. Next two games are in Utah.

There isn't truth here as much as their is the continuation of a years long narrative by this poster of trashing the Jazz at all costs.

The numbers are interesting, but I still can't envision a way Utah wins the series without Gobert. Even with him, based on how we have been performing against the Clips over the past few years, I was on the fence but hopeful. Now Rudy will be somewhat hobbled if/when he comes back, complicating things further.

The suckiest part of this moment for me is thinking about how we're facing some probable significant roster changes next year, and I'm not talking about Hayward. I'm talking supporting cast guys.

The numbers are interesting, but I still can't envision a way Utah wins the series without Gobert. Even with him, based on how we have been performing against the Clips over the past few years, I was on the fence but hopeful. Now Rudy will be somewhat hobbled if/when he comes back, complicating things further.

The suckiest part of this moment for me is thinking about how we're facing some probable significant roster changes next year, and I'm not talking about Hayward. I'm talking supporting cast guys.

This can be somewhat offset by JJ and Favors having great contracts. Burks can be offloaded helping to retain Ingles. Jazz have enough assets to pay another team to take him on if needed. Exum, Neto, Lyles and Bolomboy are all held down next few season on the cheap.

Jazz can absolutely win this. Especially if Gobert comes back sooner than later.

The Jazz needs Burks instant offense coming off the bench in this series. Give him 10 minutes and let's see what happens.

Hill got too many minutes yesterday and had a bad performance.

The Jazz needs Burks instant offense coming off the bench in this series. Give him 10 minutes and let's see what happens.

Hill got too many minutes yesterday and had a bad game.

It's frustrating that Burks hasn't provided that instant offense at all this year.

This can be somewhat offset by JJ and Favors having great contracts. Burks can be offloaded helping to retain Ingles. Jazz have enough assets to pay another team to take him on if needed. Exum, Neto, Lyles and Bolomboy are all held down next few season on the cheap.

Jazz can absolutely win this. Especially if Gobert comes back sooner than later.
What would make us than significantly better with that supporting cast? Meanwhile, the other young western conference teams will get better by developing their youth.

I'd feel less worried if Quin let the young guys play even 5 to 6 minutes a game.

Sent from my SM-N920P using JazzFanz mobile app

Wes Matthews, Shandon Anderson, Gordon Hayward and the list goes on of young players that got burn in the playoffs. This experience helps these players. But, for some reason Quin is playing such a tight rotation. Which includes has beens like Diaw over Lyles, Mack who wont be on the roster over Exum, and has taken Burks who can score off the court when we have problems scoring.

What would make us than significantly better with that supporting cast? Meanwhile, the other young western conference teams will get better by developing their youth.

I'd feel less worried if Quin let the young guys play even 5 to 6 minutes a game.

But everyone knows that the Jazz youngsters never develop, so there is an inherent disadvantage there. ;)

The future of this franchise is Gobert, Hayward, Hood. and Favors if he gets fully healthy again. They are still young. Their average age is 25. None of them have peaked yet.

Not to mention a crap ton of picks and whatever DL does. He put in work this offseason.

Jazz have gone 20s, 30s, 40s, 50s in wins last 4 seasons. First time that has ever happened in the NBA. With decent assets, improving coach and young stars that are still getting better.

You keep harping about "developing our youth" Well the Jazz did, and are still doing, exactly that and got 51 wins despite crippling injuries, got the 5th seed and are headed into Utah 1-1 as a result.

Ay dios mio.

Iso made a miracle in the first game but let's not forget we almost chocked in the last minute of the game.

Nor should we forget that without Rudy Gobert the Jazz controlled almost all of game 1 in pace and score. Furthermore they controlled the pace of game 2, again without Gobert, and fought till the bell and almost pulled off another win it was a 6 point game with 2:10 to go.

Yes, there is work to do but the Jazz are in this and have been from the start. They are even favored to win the series now.

Iso made a miracle in the first game but let's not forget we almost chocked in the last minute of the game.

miracle? lol

This post is almost quote worthy for the way it exaggerates Joe's shot in order to put forward a needless pessimism.

miracle? lol

This post is almost quote worthy for the way it exaggerates Joe's shot in order to put forward a needless pessimism.
Dont forget they didnt attack the rim despite us missing Gobert.

They should be throwing lobs every play who is going to stop them. They are playing dumb because they are trying to play our style settling for jumpers. If they were pushing the temp playing lob city we would not be able to do anything without Rudy. Then that would free up Reddick but instead they insist on playing with us. That is why I'm saying we are lucky they are poorly coached or the players are executing poorly the gameplan.

Trey Lyles and Dante Exum sitting on the bench when Jazz need some offensive help falls on Snyder.Locke has said Lyles checked out mentally before the season ended.How's that when Jazz are excited for the playoffs and Exum came into the season saying his knee was a 100% but yet sits at the end of the bench as 4th PG in the rotation.Exum got benched midseason for trying to spread his wings out offensively and has been in and out of the doghouse since.Burks is in a suit on the sidelines so Neto can suit up when he's healthy and ready to play.All their minutes sacrificed to the veterans with the goal of making the playoffs.The vets have done good and contributed but their limited on their contributions due to age and wear and tear on their bodies.If the Jazz get bumped out in the 1st round ,was it worth holding back the develop of Exum and Lyles and not let them play in the playoffs.

Trey Lyles and Dante Exum sitting on the bench when Jazz need some offensive help falls on Snyder.Locke has said Lyles checked out mentally before the season ended.How's that when Jazz are excited for the playoffs and Exum came into the season saying his knee was a 100% but yet sits at the end of the bench as 4th PG in the rotation.Exum got benched midseason for trying to spread his wings out offensively and has been in and out of the doghouse since.Burks is in a suit on the sidelines so Neto can suit up when he's healthy and ready to play.All their minutes sacrificed to the veterans with the goal of making the playoffs.The vets have done good and contributed but their limited on their contributions due to age and wear and tear on their bodies.If the Jazz get bumped out in the 1st round ,was it worth holding back the develop of Exum and Lyles and not let them play in the playoffs.
Lyles and Exum sucking at offense this year is on them.

Sent from my A0001 using JazzFanz mobile app