• No cuts

Votes: 13 52.0%

• Total voters

Handlogten's Heros

2019 Award Winner
2020-21 Award Winner
2022 Award Winner
2023 Award Winner
You know the drill... Tucker was that last cut. I will do this until "no cuts" wins the poll.

Put BRadley in
No... he won't be cut... he will be traded or kept (at least through the trade dealine). You cut a guaranteed salary early in the year it limits you trade and capwise.

I'm not predicting the final roster here... just getting a read on how people view the non-guaranteed guys/prospects.

No... he won't be cut... he will be traded or kept (at least through the trade dealine). You cut a guaranteed salary early in the year it limits you trade and capwise.

I'm not predicting the final roster here... just getting a read on how people view the non-guaranteed guys/prospects.
The Jazz have cut a lot of players on guaranteed salaries. It is far from being out of the question.

The Jazz have cut a lot of players on guaranteed salaries. It is far from being out of the question.
I know it has happened... I think this season is unique though. We are close to the tax with limited options of improving. We have a good team with win-now expectations and some serious financial considerations with the tough economy. If you cut him then it limits your ability to slip below the tax if you do other things... it limits your ability to match salary in trades. It locks you into his cap hit being 3.5M and I think at very least you could move him to a team below the cap with some $$$ and it will be a cheap flier on a young guy for them. Detroit has done this a handful of times and I could see them being the other side of the TB transaction (if there is one).

Looks like people decided to keep Niang, Oni, Brantley, and Morgan.

Interesting note: Tony says the Jazz have hopes for Juwan Morgan and Miye Oni. Zero mention of Rayjon Tucker, JWF, or Jarrell Brantley.
That is interesting. Those three have a tougher road to find an NBA role. I think with Brantley the focus needs to be defense and spot up shooting. The other extra stuff I'm not sure is something you want him to hang his hat on. We need someone with that body type and I'd really like him to get some run with the varsity squad.

That is interesting. Those three have a tougher road to find an NBA role. I think with Brantley the focus needs to be defense and spot up shooting. The other extra stuff I'm not sure is something you want him to hang his hat on. We need someone with that body type and I'd really like him to get some run with the varsity squad.
I think Brantley's game is just too weird to fit in the NBA. I just feel so justified because I've harped that Morgan >>> Brantley from the beginning.

I think Brantley's game is just too weird to fit in the NBA. I just feel so justified because I've harped that Morgan >>> Brantley from the beginning.
Brantley's defense and frame are the most intriguing parts of his game to me. I remember in pre-season he stood Giannis up twice and he had some nice moments against DeRozan in the bubble. I think he's the type of guy you need to guard the LeBron's, Kahwi's, Giannis' of the world. Even if it is only for 10-15 minutes I like what he can do on that end.

Brantley's defense and frame are the most intriguing parts of his game to me. I remember in pre-season he stood Giannis up twice and he had some nice moments against DeRozan in the bubble. I think he's the type of guy you need to guard the LeBron's, Kahwi's, Giannis' of the world. Even if it is only for 10-15 minutes I like what he can do on that end.
But his team defense is bad bad.

Interesting note: Tony says the Jazz have hopes for Juwan Morgan and Miye Oni. Zero mention of Rayjon Tucker, JWF, or Jarrell Brantley.
I would have expected there to be some words on Tucker. Brantley needs to change how he plays before there is a talk about him and JWF's limitations are obvious even though I liked how he played in limited minutes.

Rayjon seems close to fit in a team setting but may be he is not picking things up as quick as the staff would like.

The Trib story today made it sound like Oni, Morgan and maybe Brantley might be the only benchers kept. It sounds like adios to JWF, NWG, Tucker, Bradley and Davis. They did make it sound like they are trying to trade Bradley and Davis.