What's new

Rubio has to go to the bench

Is Rubio needed for the 2018 season? To me, that has to be the question. If we have more faith in Mitchell, Exum and Neto running the point, why do we need Rubio? If we need a PG just for PG depth, we can find somebody who provides more than what he has this year.

Sure, I'd love to find a player to re-invest the money in - Parker, etc., but I don't have much faith that we will sign a big free agent. I'm just wondering if we need Rubio and his $15 million for 2018-19.

I think the question now is, would any team take on his $15 million salary next year, given how poorly he has been playing this year?

I think the question now is, would any team take on his $15 million salary next year, given how poorly he has been playing this year?

Not for an expiring... Maybe for somebody with a similar contract for next season who isn't playing that much now?

I think the Jazz are stuck with him. I’d like to see him come off the bench (with Hood starting instead), and hopefully he’d thrive in that role.

When he is hitting shots he is pretty good. I believe that a more stable roster and substitutions will help.
BUT..... Mitchell is the future.

When he is hitting shots he is pretty good. I believe that a more stable roster and substitutions will help.

So he is good 15-20% if the time? Even that percentage may be generous.

problem is....HE IS NEVER hitting his shots. He is a totally non fit in this offense. DL really ****ed up that one big time. Rubio takes 10 shots a game and only makes .380 percent of them. He also jacks up 3.6 3/pointers, but only shoots .280 from 3. That's just as good as a turnover. You can't keep the defense honest, why do they even have to guard you? Your inability to shoot turns the floor into a 4v5 on the offensive end. Your passing a vision is also effected because now the other play KNOWS he doesn't have to blanket you, so the defender looks for easy picks on offense.

This also destroys the roll man type of player such as rudy. Rudy and favors both love to roll hard to the rim, but rubio's inability to be a threat from the outside creates all kinds of problems in the PNR. Instead of going over the can just drop back into the rolling player because rubio once again IS A NON THREAT.

Now switch the game to when Mitchell is playing PG. Is mitchell a better PURE passer? probably not, bit his ability to draw 2 defenders on him out on the perimeter often times gets one person WIDE open low.

I know what snyder is doing. he is slowly getting Mitchell ready for that PG roll and I think that's exactly where we will be in time.