What's new

Rudy Gay?

Rudy Gay is the classic player like Carmelo and Enes Kanter that no matter how attractive they are on paper they just do not help their teams win.

The hate has gone too far on this guy... Carmelo? Kanter?

Better defender than both and bought into a role on what he thought was a contender.

It’s all about price but he could be a great stretch four option.

He's 32 and I expect him to decline even more from last year. He had a major injury that players dont seem to ever fully recover from. I am not interested unless its cheap and is for a backup small role. Plus he only shot 31% from 3 last year in his first year as a PF, that isnt really stretch 4 material. His career 3 is only 34% which is meh. Oh, and he isnt a good defender.

He's 32 and I expect him to decline even more from last year. He had a major injury that players dont seem to ever fully recover from. I am not interested unless its cheap and is for a backup small role. Plus he only shot 31% from 3 last year in his first year as a PF, that isnt really stretch 4 material. His career 3 is only 34% which is meh. Oh, and he isnt a good defender.

Jae crowder shot 31% for us last year too... but also shot under 40% from the field. I don’t think he will be worse than last year. Every guy that comes back from that injury is better in year 2.

It all depends on contract value but I’d have him on the short list to talk with.

Jae crowder shot 31% for us last year too... but also shot under 40% from the field. I don’t think he will be worse than last year. Every guy that comes back from that injury is better in year 2.

It all depends on contract value but I’d have him on the short list to talk with.
I dont think Crowder is a stretch 4 either. Crowder joined the team mid season, I think he can get better once he learns the system and has an off season. Crowder also play good defense. Crowder is also much younger.

He might make a small jump again once he is full strength but his stats towards the end of the year werent great. He wasnt good in the playoffs this year, albeit a small sample size. He also is pretty old in general and his game is on the decline even if you base it on pre injury. Although I dont think any player ever fully recovers from this injury. So you should not expect him to be anywhere near 16/17 season. If he improves from last year it will be very minimal, like Mathews improvement of 1ppg the next year, but he was much younger.

That is also not true, players have just declined each year after injury especially at that age. Dominique for example that was a similar age when he tore his, or Ewing that never got better. Billups 2nd season back was worse. Brandon Jennings was about the same the 1st year and the 2nd year back and then dropped off his 3rd year at age 28. Elton Brand was worse his 2nd year than he was his 1st year back.

Its not pretty for NBA players who have torn Achilles. I actually dont think I would want him at all. He isnt going to be starter level and I we can do better for backup. I prefer Jerebko over Gay at this point.