What's new

Rudy Gobert chats with his French fans

Krakdol

Hi, here is my translation of a new Rudy Gobert chat he made in France. Some interesting bits here... He really seems to like the team and where it's going :

https://www.lequipe.fr/info-continue/chat_gobert/76154

Don't you feel sad not making the playoffs ?

Not really. Our goal this season was building a team identity and improving. I think it was a success. Give us some time, playoffs will come very soon although everybody knows western conference is on another level.

Hi Rudy, won't TP and Diaw make you play for the Spurs ?

Ah ah... I think it would take more than their influence to make the Jazz ok with that. More seriously, I feel fine in my team. Spurs are among my favorite teams but I think we build something very interesting in Utah.

Hi Rudy, congrats on your awesome season. I have a question for you : how do you see your future ? Staying in Jazz or leaving ?

First, thank you. Right now, my future is in the Jazz because I think we're building something really special. There are more merits building something like that than joining a team who is already on top.

(...)

Physically, do you think you're already there ?

I don't think so at all. I just stopped growing recently. I gonna gain muscles from now.

Hi Rudy. Did you define any stats objective (points, rebounds, blocks) for the next season ?

Not really. I'm more focused on bringing my team to the playoffs. The better my games, the more playoff chances we'll get. Last season, if I could have played more from the start, I probably could have ended at 10 rpg.

(...)

Last edited:
Right on. He seems zeroed in on the long term goal of this team. Love that he valued building it from scratch over joining an established team. (could just be good PR coaching but its awesome to see anyways).

Last edited:
Right on. He seems zeroed in on the long term goal of this team. Love that he valued building it from scratch over joinging an established team. (could just be good PR coaching but its awesoem to see anyways).
He just gets to say that he was on the ground floor when this team started. . . especially after the Jazz max him out down the road.

I was kinda lazy so I didn't translate everything but he also stated he loved working on his offensive game with Malone and he hopes he'll do it again.

He also stated he wanted to play for France team as often as possible, and he's friend with most players in France team.

Lastly, his favorite block this season was the one he made on Wiggins (the last game, I think we all remember that one).

Awesome post. The slow off season makes me anxious for any Jazz related news going on. Rep'd

thanks for the awesome post.

It's june now!! we still have 5 months left....... :(

He also mentioned in the interview that he challenged Chuck Norris to a steel cage death match but that chuck politely declined.

thanks for the awesome post.

It's june now!! we still have 5 months left....... :(

Thank fully we still have the draft this month and two summer leagues coming up. Also pics, rumors and info will come floodign in during training camp and preseason games.

Hi Rudy, congrats on your awesome season. I have a question for you : how do you see your future ? Staying in Jazz or leaving ?

First, thank you. Right now, my future is in the Jazz because I think we're building something really special. There are more merits building something like that than joining a team who is already on top.

Hi Rudy. Did you define any stats objective (points, rebounds, blocks) for the next season ?

Not really. I'm more focused on bringing my team to the playoffs. The better my games, the more playoff chances we'll get. Last season, if I could have played more from the start, I probably could have ended at 10 rpg.

(...)

I LOVE THIS GUY!!! They need to give him a boatload of cash. He is going to be an absolute beast with his physical ability und this attitude. LOVE HIM!!

(...)
Absolutely. I think he can get 14 RPG in his prime.

Right on. He seems zeroed in on the long term goal of this team. Love that he valued building it from scratch over joining an established team. (could just be good PR coaching but its awesome to see anyways).

I never understood why more athletes who want to be great don't embrace that. Sure, one can go to the Lakers and play but even if you're great you have to compete with the Magic's and West's and Kobe's and Shaq's and Wilt's of that era. When you build something from nothing in Utah, yeah, you do have to compete with Stockton and Malone in terms of legacy but if you win a championship all of a sudden you are the greatest team/player in Jazz history.

I never understood why more athletes who want to be great don't embrace that. Sure, one can go to the Lakers and play but even if you're great you have to compete with the Magic's and West's and Kobe's and Shaq's and Wilt's of that era. When you build something from nothing in Utah, yeah, you do have to compete with Stockton and Malone in terms of legacy but if you win a championship all of a sudden you are the greatest team/player in Jazz history.

I miss the days of loyalty and player rivalries. That came in part because of players like Malone, Ewing, Bird, Robinson, Magic...that played for one team thru thick and thin and pushed their teams to be the absolute best.

I think we need a couple more french players here so that the french fans will ask other players will you go to Utah to play with gobliterator and ______?