What's new

Rudy Gobert has got to go

I don't need to convince you. It's commonly known as a terrible trade on the Nets part and win on the Jazz's. Google it.
That Deron fell apart there doesn't necessarily mean his trajectory would've been the same here. What we know is what we lost and what we got in exchange, and the results here have been nothing to feel good about.

At the time the pic and Favors was a haul for Dwill who wanted out. That's the bottom line. Mismanaging those assets doesn't mean that we botched the trade. Those are two separate issues.
Who said anything about a botched trade? The whole point is you almost never get equal or greater return on losing a star and the Jazz didn't. They didn't. Point blank.

I promise the whole point of what we're talking about is you very rarely get equal value when trading a franchise player when all is said and done.

That Deron fell apart there doesn't necessarily mean his trajectory would've been the same here. What we know is what we lost and what we got in exchange, and the results here have been nothing to feel good about.
The way DWill declined it's safe to say it would have happened any where. He didn't decline because of the system. He declined cause he got worse, lazy, injured and lost his game and became a head case. I don't think it was a fluke with just the Nets.

Who said anything about a botched trade? The whole point is you almost never get equal or greater return on losing a star and the Jazz didn't. They didn't. Point blank.

Only in hindsight did we not get equal value. That is a result of drafting Kanter over Klay, Kawhi and Butler, which is a separate issue.

Initially the value was equal, if not more. That's the point.

We got the right asset for Williams, we just made the wrong move with it.

I promise the whole point of what we're talking about is you very rarely get equal value when trading a franchise player when all is said and done.

I disagree. I just listed a lot of teams who traded their franchise player and madeout like a bandit. There are many more examples too.

But didn't OKC pull in a haul from the Harden trade? I'll quit the NBA if the Jazz ever blunder that hard.

Every team's best lineup so far in the 17-18 Season - December Edition.

Utah Jazz: A.Burks, D.Favors, J.Ingles, J.Jerebko, D.Mitchell

Jazz, what is you doing? Their three most lineups are all huge negatives. The lineup of Favors, Gobert, Rubio, Ingles, and Mitchell is especially atrocious, posting a net of -31.7 over 86 minutes and a putrid 48% True shooting. Swapping Hood in for Mitchell(their most used group) isn't much better, posting a -11.2.

And so we're forced to dig a little deeper. The chosen lineup put up an incredible 141.5 ORTG on an amazing 72% True shooting. They have just 40 minutes together, though, while the starters have all played between 80 and 110 minutes.

There is not a single positive lineup using Gobert. Hopefully they figure that out soon because you kind of need your best player.

Best Offensive Lineup in the NBA: Utah Jazz- Burks/Favors/Ingles/Jerebko/Mitchell - 141.5 ORTG

Stole this from another thread.

All those who were beyond hacks about the idea of trading Gobert, how do you like them apples?

Dat noise maker doe.
@LifeOnaPlate

Hehepeepeecaca

Last edited:
And the sample size keeps growing and growing. Jazz are now 6-11 this season with Gobert in the lineup. They have won 6 ****ing games with Gobert playing. Most overrated player in the NBA.

And the sample size keeps growing and growing. Jazz are now 6-11 this season with Gobert in the lineup. They have won 6 ****ing games with Gobert playing. Most overrated player in the NBA.

To be fair, the loss tonight was more on Favors than on Rudy.

Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago when Gobert wasn't playing and as a result the jazz looked like one of the best teams in the league and were beating other teams by double digits every night? I do. Those were fun times.

Does anyone remember a couple weeks ago when Gobert wasn't playing and as a result the jazz looked like one of the best teams in the league and were beating other teams by double digits every night? I do. Those were fun times.

Yeah it was a blast. Too bad we can' play those defenses every night.

lol
Markkanen and Levine didn't even play though.

Levine doesn't float my boat. Markkanen .. i'll have to see over time. He's already hitting a bit of a wall

Stole this from another thread.

All those who were beyond hacks about the idea of trading Gobert, how do you like them apples?

Dat noise maker doe.
@LifeOnaPlate

Hehepeepeecaca
Sample size.

Most of those 32 minutes of that lineup are from one game we blew a team out.

There is almost nothing to draw conclusions from yet with that small of a sample size.

Yeah it was a blast. Too bad we can' play those defenses every night.
Like the Bucks and the Bulls? Yeah, it's too bad we can't play them WITH Gobert in the lineup to prove it's the other teams defense that made us look so good. Oh wait...

Edit: I forgot to add the Clippers to the list of teams the Jazz destroyed when Gobert was out, that they lost to when he was playing. I'm starting to see a pattern here.

Last edited: