What's new

Rudy Gobert/Minnesota Season Watch Thread

Conley starting and playing great for minnesota. NAW playing important minutes and starting some for minnesota. Vanderbilt in the rotation for the lakers. Malik Beasley starting for the bucks (18 points in 33 minutes in a win last night).
So 2/3 starters and another rotation player all playing on teams near the top of the league netted us a protected first. Yikes.
Malik was a minimum contract lmao

Vando hadn't even played this year

Malik was a minimum contract lmao

Vando hadn't even played this year
And? Vando is currently playing. Malik is starting. Then there is mike and naw who are contributors to one of the best teams in the league. All 3 teams are really good and all three teams are using all 4 dudes that we traded.

And? Vando is currently playing. Malik is starting. Then there is mike and naw who are contributors to one of the best teams in the league. All 3 teams are really good and all three teams are using all 4 dudes that we traded.
Did we trade them to get better? Or to get worse?

I hate the idea of tanking, but that was the goal. Honestly, they probably should have dumped more good players.

Did we trade them to get better? Or to get worse?

I hate the idea of tanking, but that was the goal. Honestly, they probably should have dumped more good players.
Ya I think we traded them to get worse. Of course we also could have just been playing the rookies all along and resting guys more often (back to backs) and things like that to get worse and we chose not to.
Anywho, I was just pointing out that the trade doesn't look great for the jazz if you just balance the trade on the scales. 4 rotational players (3 starters) helping teams get to the top of the standings for 1 protected first. (and we gave up a couple of 2nds)

Vando has been injured, that's the only reason he hasn't been playing