What's new

Rudy Gobert vs Roy Hibbert

Will Rudy Gobert Exceed Roy Hibbert

• Total voters
Yeah because I think Gobert can do the off-the-statsheet things Hibbert does but do a little more individual stuff (rebound out of area, more weakside blockss, and offensive rebounds). He will probably never be as good of a post defender as Hibbert is though just because he lacks the mass.

The real question is Gobert Vs. Chuck Norris... it gets real bloody but Gobert comes out on top.

Yeah because I think Gobert can do the off-the-statsheet things Hibbert does but do a little more individual stuff (rebound out of area, more weakside blockss, and offensive rebounds). He will probably never be as good of a post defender as Hibbert is though just because he lacks the mass.

Gobert will also do the off-season stuff like work hard. Hibbert's idea of working hard probably involves getting into his car to drive a block to the nearest Five Guys.

Gobert will also do the off-season stuff like work hard. Hibbert's idea of working hard probably involves getting into his car to drive a block to the nearest Five Guys.

Hibbert works incredibly hard. He is extremely nonathletic and has asthma. He has come a long way since being in the league, kind of retarded to hate on his work ethic.

The asthma thing will keep Hibbert under 30mpg for his entire career.

And you take away his two games against Utah and he's really having a mediocre season.

As far as the question is concerned would anyone be surprised if Gobert was a top 5 center within two years? His maturation is like nothing I've seen before from a Center. He's like the monster in Alien - gone from a little snot to a ****ing killing machine right before our eyes. Pretty soon he'll be Yaphet Kotto'ing opposing 5's on a nightly basis

Hibbert destroyed Gobert. Why? Because he's a player who doesn't need to scout Gobert (he is tall).

When the league catches on and starts scouting Gobert they will find a way to pick at his many defensive weaknesses just like Malone did against length.

Hibbert works incredibly hard. He is extremely nonathletic and has asthma. He has come a long way since being in the league, kind of retarded to hate on his work ethic.

what did hibbert say?

what did hibbert say?
hibbert-on-rudy.jpg

Reactions: MVP
only reason hibbert played well against the jazz in utah was that gobert was in foul trouble early. His second foul came from flop. That's when pacers took a giant lead. gobert has higher ceiling than hibbert.

He does lack the mass, but he is so much more mobile than hibbert. I know that doesn't help with post defense, but it helps everywhere else. If he gets a little more mass and strength, he could be legendary all around defender.

only reason hibbert played well against the jazz in utah was that gobert was in foul trouble early. His second foul came from flop. That's when pacers took a giant lead. gobert has higher ceiling than hibbert.
The one thing I hope rudy could learn from hibbert is how smart hibbert is at using what he has. I remember a podcast of hibbert being interviewed about learning how to play defense the way a guy who is basically glued to the floor has too. Hibbert readily admits he is not athletic, but works extremely hard for position and knows how and when to move. It is why he was/is a DPOY candidate.

Will always love Hibbert. Good dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk