What's new

Rumor: Gobert wants Jazz to decide between him or Mitchell

I think you just described yourself and Donovan more than anyone else and Rudy.
Incredible comeback. Like literally, you guys act like Rudy is perfect. Never seen excuses made like y'all make for Rudy Gobert.

I acknowledge that Don is imperfect. All the time.

Incredible comeback. Like literally, you guys act like Rudy is perfect. Never seen excuses made like y'all make for Rudy Gobert.

I acknowledge that Don is imperfect. All the time.
As do we? I’ll repeat some: Rudy shouldn’t have sent those tweets, Rudy is awkward, Rudy has poor leadership skills, Rudy obviously is limited offensively especially in the playoffs.

The difference is Donovan is ****** as a matter of choice and most people paying enough attention recognize that. I can’t speak for others, but for me, what I care about is effort and any sense of selflessness in a team concept (with loyalty being extra credit). I think Quin has a huge hand in spoiling Donovan and the organization for deferring to him whenever they can, but at the end of the day it’s his choice to play defense IN THE PLAYOFFS or not. That’s effort. That’s actually caring about winning. That’s proving you care about the words on the front of the jersey and your teammates.

Donovan also has all the leadership and people skills in the world, and he uses those to elevate himself and to absolve himself from being a more accountable and better teammate.

As do we? I’ll repeat some: Rudy shouldn’t have sent those tweets, Rudy is awkward, Rudy has poor leadership skills, Rudy obviously is limited offensively especially in the playoffs.

The difference is Donovan is ****** as a matter of choice and most people paying enough attention recognize that. I can’t speak for others, but for me, what I care about is effort and any sense of selflessness in a team concept (with loyalty being extra credit). I think Quin has a huge hand in spoiling Donovan and the organization for deferring to him whenever they can, but at the end of the day it’s his choice to play defense IN THE PLAYOFFS or not. That’s effort. That’s actually caring about winning. That’s proving you care about the words on the front of the jersey and your teammates.

Donovan also has all the leadership and people skills in the world, and he uses those to elevate himself and to absolve himself from being a more accountable and better teammate.
The effort thing is so blown out of proportion. It's getting ridiculous.

And you know, or should know, the narrative. This is all Rudy vs Don childish garbage right now. Your insecurities are so blatantly obvious. You and many like you are playing this "Rudy tries and Donovan doesn't try" bogus card as some sort of way to rationalize who you want to like more. It's ********.

It would be as stupid as me watching this and saying "I think Rudy should try harder instead of getting smoked by Brunson."
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm0zVAsSDDg

Sometimes you just get beat. Saying Donovan isn't trying is just garbage people saying garbage things to rationalize their choice of Rudy over Don.

And you know, or should know, the narrative. This is all Rudy vs Don childish garbage right now. Your insecurities are so blatantly obvious. You and many like you are playing this "Rudy tries and Donovan doesn't try" bogus card as some sort of way to rationalize who you want to like more. It's ********.

It would be as stupid as me watching this and saying "I think Rudy should try harder instead of getting smoked by Brunson."

Sometimes you just get beat. Saying Donovan isn't trying is just garbage people saying garbage things to rationalize their choice of Rudy over Don.

There are some really damning effort videos for Donovan if you want to play this game. Rudy gets spun around here and there for sure... he ain't perfect.

Donovan isn’t trying nearly enough and I have no idea on earth how you can’t see that.

And I feel like you criticize people for going ad hominem but I just want to point out that you went there and not me if you wanna talk about insecurity.

There are some really damning effort videos for Donovan if you want to play this game. Rudy gets spun around here and there for sure... he ain't perfect.
I know full well. Hell, I've seen them posted on here. I know he sucked *** in a couple of the early games. Doesn't mean he didn't try. The effort argument on Don is just another made up load of lies like the oneye **** we hear over and over.

Donovan isn’t trying nearly enough and I have no idea on earth how you can’t see that.

And I feel like you criticize people for going ad hominem but I just want to point out that you went there and not me if you wanna talk about insecurity.
I hold Donovan accountable. I have said he needs to step it up.

Just tired of this incorrect narrative that he isn't trying. It's BS. There has to be some sort of integrity on this forum instead of a bunch of bullies repeating all sorts of lies until they create a following.

I know full well. Hell, I've seen them posted on here. I know he sucked *** in a couple of the early games. Doesn't mean he didn't try. The effort argument on Don is just another made up load of lies like the oneye **** we hear over and over.
On a few of the video clips though he clearly was not trying… mentally or physically. I think he tries sometimes for sure but defense is a super try hard effort and if you compare how much effort and energy gives compared to Rudy it isn’t close. Rudy doesn’t get to rest on offense either as he sprints to screen and re-screen multiple times… then crashes the glass while guys tackle him.

Donovan’s defensive effort or maybe a better word is defensive focus is not close to ideal.

The whole team looked like they were on melatonin at times this season so not just Donovan.

I hold Donovan accountable. I have said he needs to step it up.

Just tired of this incorrect narrative that he isn't trying. It's BS. There has to be some sort of integrity on this forum instead of a bunch of bullies repeating all sorts of lies until they create a following.
It sounds like you’re painting your beef with Cy onto this. Did Cy influence the best minds in national media too?

Maybe when you’re on an island it means it’s not necessarily because everyone else is dumb.

Also, just some general advice on how to best a troll: don’t feed into it. I’m sure your engagements send him into fits of laughter several times a day. Ignore him.

MacMahon discussing it again:

Re-iterates Rudy's desire to be in Utah and try to win a championship here. Said he believes with every fiber of his body that Donovan won't be in Utah two or three years from now regardless of what happens. He believes Ryan Smith wants Donovan to be the mayor of Salt Lake during all-star weekend. He doesn't think that Quins knows at this point what he's going to do next season.

I can't believe the front office is revolving their decision making this offseason around the stupid ****ing all-star game. We're going to do a half assed re-tool around Donovan that's destined to fail instead of just blowing the whole thing up now and doing a proper re-build.

Re-iterates Rudy's desire to be in Utah and try to win a championship here. Said he believes with every fiber of his body that Donovan won't be in Utah two or three years from now regardless of what happens. He believes Ryan Smith wants Donovan to be the mayor of Salt Lake during all-star weekend. He doesn't think that Quins knows at this point what he's going to do next season.

I can't believe the front office is revolving their decision making this offseason around the stupid ****ing all-star game. We're going to do a half assed re-tool around Donovan that's destined to fail instead of just blowing the whole thing up now and doing a proper re-build.
The thing that kinda got me was he said Donovan will be here a year "at the most"... so what we roll into the season and hope he makes it past the trade deadline. I'm almost rooting for the worst case scenario where we do this damn re-tool and then Ryan has to trade Donovan right before the trade deadline and then the AS game comes right after... maximum egg on his face.

Its kinda clear to me the way Tim talks that we've already been in damage control with Donovan and trying to make him happy and that it isn't working all that well.

I don't hate Rudy Gobert. I hate when people make an excuse for every single thing about him. Good job.
Who does that. We appreciate the fact that he gives effort.

Not once did he get past Gobert. He had to use every trick in the book to get Rudy who by the way is 7-1- 7-2 turned around. If it was Mitchell, all he has to do is a straight line drive and that’s usually what it took to get by Mitchell. There was still effort. Oh by the way he was also trying to guard against anyone slashing in for a lob or easy layup. Nothing more then a big using his length to bother a shot while not letting him drive by because he’s you know, way quicker. Lol
This doesn't tell the full story, but it's still interesting. There is one player who sticks out on average defensive speed.

What am I looking at?
It sounds like you’re painting your beef with Cy onto this. Did Cy influence the best minds in national media too?

Maybe when you’re on an island it means it’s not necessarily because everyone else is dumb.

Also, just some general advice on how to best a troll: don’t feed into it. I’m sure your engagements send him into fits of laughter several times a day. Ignore him.
Shush!! Idiot. This is most of my entertainment!! Don’t tell him to ignore Cy, idiot!!

Do the Jazz have the ability to open up cap space if they dump Conley, Bogdanovic and Rudy Gay, even if they have to attach picks to do it? The target would need to be someone significant like Zach Lavine.