What's new

Rumor: Gobert wants Jazz to decide between him or Mitchell

Forgot to add that it murdered what was left of any semblance of a functional locker room… when your locker room is already shaky as hell you may want to consider the non basketball repercussions of trading the one steady guy that everyone seems to get along with… even though he may or may not be smashing team employees on the low.
Thank you voices of doom.

Lol. I had to find out how ridiculous the Rudy worship had gotten around here. He cleared that up.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app
If I may be so bold, it appears that you are firmly in the Don camp. So I’d like to ask what is your dream off-season (keeping reasonable expectations that other people have to accept whatever trade you may propose)?

I’m just having a hard time seeing a world where the Jazz don’t get significantly worse if we get rid of Rudy.

I said nothing about Rudy, you just assumed that. I like Rudy and I like Don they're both really good players. I think the Jazz should trade both and start over.
Cmon man. You weren't saying Kareem at over 30 to compare another big man we talk about who is about to be 30?

But you were talking playability at 30+ not saying they are the same. I get it.

Sent from my SM-A516U using JazzFanz mobile app

I said nothing about Rudy, you just assumed that. I like Rudy and I like Don they're both really good players. I think the Jazz should trade both and start over.
"You are in on the pro-Gobert conspiracy that THEY something something"

If I may be so bold, it appears that you are firmly in the Don camp. So I’d like to ask what is your dream off-season (keeping reasonable expectations that other people have to accept whatever trade you may propose)?

I’m just having a hard time seeing a world where the Jazz don’t get significantly worse if we get rid of Rudy.
Between a Rudy trade... Mike and Bogey getting a year older or replacing them with different, but likely less talented, options there isn't really a case... unless we get a late lotto pick in the Rudy trade and it is a Donovan level homerun immediately.

I look at like the SA trade of Kawhi... instead of trading Leonard for a pick and prospect heavy package they wanted to stay relevant so they got Demar, Poetl and a pick. I think they made the 1st round that year and have been late lotto for three straight years... and might now be realizing they should sell some pieces off like White this year. Unless they hit a home run they are somewhat stuck and instead of being in the mix for Ja, Ball, Edwards, Barnes, Cade, Green, Mobley they have come away with Vassell (who I like) and Primo (who the hell knows). Let's retool!!!!!

I’m not a total hack so I’ll post something to refute much of my own story line, this will make LoPo cream.(This doesn’t mean he will be in Utah) but here’s Fatjoe “Spidas my man, I hang out with Spida, he’s never told me he wants to be a Knick so this would be news to me. I literally hang out with him and he’s never once told me he wants to be a Knick” (FatJoe is a huge Knicks fan)

View: https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdKOa66l885/?igshid=YTM0ZjI4ZDI=

Last edited:
Rudy will decline getting older . I truly believe he want to go and try to get a ring. Dallas, Memphis may be good option for him. Daqllas will get swiped by Phonix. For Memphis it depend how far they go but i still dont see them passing GSW.
After what can we get in return? Big dont have a lot of value in modern NBA, i do not expect we got something that we can accept from those 2 teams.

I think Portland will make an offer for Rudy. Not sure if it's the best offer we'll get, but I think they'd take a swing at putting Jerami Grant and Rudy next to Dame.

Thank you for asking. I'm in the Don camp, for now... So as for what I would do, this is it:

Rudy Gobert and Mike Conley to Atlanta

I'm not 100% sure what we get from them. It starts with Collins and Capela, but they have a number of other assets to add to those two:
Huerter
Bogdan Bogdanovic
Jalen Johnson
Okongwu
Atlanta 2022 1st #16
Charlotte 2023 1st (lottery protected)
other future 1sts and/or 2nds

We should probably get one or two of the above to go along with Capela and Collins.

Why for Atlanta - they want to be more relevant, and their defense is holding them back. Rudy is a bold move for a team that seems to have all the other pieces in place (Trae, Huerter, Gallinari and Hunter), but Rudy could potentially take them places. Conley gives them a veteran presence off the bench for that young squad.

Why for Utah - we clearly need a change. Rudy is a good player at his peak value, and we need to trade him now to get that value. On the flip side, Conley has poor value and we get to move on from that failed project. This trade makes us younger and deeper. We don't give away the chance at trading Don for good value later if we need to, but we at least try something different before we do. Youth, athleticism, scheme and rotation flexibility become the goal. I'm not a massive fan of Capela, but he could play a good 20-24 mpg while Collins plays the other C minutes.