What's new

Rumor: Jazz and DeMarcus Cousins

Mithrandir

Headline: NBA Rumors: DeMarcus Cousins Pulls a Dwyane Wade; Jazz, Cavs, Lakers Want Him

https://www.hofmag.com/nba-rumors-d...de-might-move-teams-out-of-frustration/173431

Utah Jazz

The Kings could make use of Rudy Gobert who made an impressive run last season with 16.4 points average per game. Gobert, as a center, could have more team chemistry with the Kings compared to Cousins. In addition, the Jazz might add Dante Exeum in hope of starting new with the kings.

On the Jazz’s side, they would definitely need a big-time scorer like Cousins. He might even work better with the staff and the team in general. Also, he gets to play with the likes of Gordon Hayward, Boris Diaw and Joe Johnson.

Wait... only "Exeum" and Gobert? Maybe we should throw in Derrick Favors just to make sure they do the deal.:rolleyes:

This isnt rumor and isnt being reported as a rumor. This is just the author saying teams he thinks Cousins would work on and could work a deal with the Kings.

LOL .. no way... Cousins just isn't a Jazz type player. DL/Quin would never sign off on it.

Sorry.

This isnt rumor and isnt being reported as a rumor. This is just the author saying teams he thinks Cousins would work on and could work a deal with the Kings.

I know, but the title that initially had me looking at the article indicates otherwise.

Maybe I should have left mocking the article out of the post title, but I thought it was too funny to not share.

1. This isn't really a rumor. It's more of the writer using the well known dysfunctional Kings/Cousins relationship to look at what the Kings might be able to get for him in a trade.
2. No way would I trade Gobert for him.
3. As good of a player as Cousins is he would not fit here.
4. Who the **** is "Exeum"?

1. This isn't really a rumor. It's more of the writer using the well known dysfunctional Kings/Cousins relationship to look at what the Kings might be able to get for him in a trade.
2. No way would I trade Gobert for him.
3. As good of a player as Cousins is he would not fit here.
4. Who the **** is "Exeum"?

Cousins wouldn't fit our team culture, the city, etc, ... so I don't see us making that trade...

But most GMs would do the Gobert/Cousins swap in a heartbeat though...

Cousins wouldn't fit our team culture, the city, etc, ... so I don't see us making that trade...

But most GMs would do the Gobert/Cousins swap in a heartbeat though...

I agree. He wouldn't fit the team or community culture at all. I like Boogie as a player, on the court he's special. But given the fact he wouldn't fit in here I wouldn't trade Rudy for him. Rudy is a rare defender that's tough to find.

What if you could get Boogie without giving up Rudy though? And let's dream for a second that he actually did fit in to the team and culture? I know I'm dreaming... but dang. Could you imagine Boogie at 4 and Rudy at 5? Devastating duo.

I agree. He wouldn't fit the team or community culture at all. I like Boogie as a player, on the court he's special. But given the fact he wouldn't fit in here I wouldn't trade Rudy for him. Rudy is a rare defender that's tough to find.

What if you could get Boogie without giving up Rudy though? And let's dream for a second that he actually did fit in to the team and culture? I know I'm dreaming... but dang. Could you imagine Boogie at 4 and Rudy at 5? Devastating duo.
If we had a strong and a mature enough culture like the Spurs... yeah I'd roll the dice.

Id offer Favors/burks and either the Gs pick or the okc pick for Cousins. Cousins although a headache is a legit All Star and would make an amazing 1st option. I just like the idea of Cousins next to Gobert!! Hill/Hood/Hayward could get some amazing looks! I think it a gamble but could really pay off!! I like Favs but Cousins is a legit 25 pts 10 reb player.

Boogie is a great player. He's crazy, which is why he might be had. If he wasn't a headcase, this hypothetical discussion would never happen because the Kings would never consider trading him. Personally, I would consider rolling the dice to get him, but the Jazz are risk averse and he is the antithesis of the type of player the Jazz typically target or draft. Not sure how he would fit with either Gobert or Favors (one would be gone in any trade).

Boogie is a great player. He's crazy, which is why he might be had. If he wasn't a headcase, this hypothetical discussion would never happen because the Kings would never consider trading him. Personally, I would consider rolling the dice to get him, but the Jazz are risk averse and he is the antithesis of the type of player the Jazz typically target or draft. Not sure how he would fit with either Gobert or Favors (one would be gone in any trade).

Dare I say it, physically/skillfully Cousins probably has as much talent as Tim Duncan (9/10), but mentally Cousins is 1/10, Duncan is 10/10, that's the difference.

This isnt a rumor and its not going to happen.

If it was true Jazz should definitely consider it. It is a risk but Cousins is a dominate enough player that it might be worth the risk. I would swap Exum for Burk and a pick if you could. Gobert doesnt match with Cousins so he is the big man you would trade. Favors and Cousins could be the most dominate big men duo in the league. I dislike Boogie but I think you consider it. Jazz's offer of Gobert is better than almost anything other teams could offer alone. A motivated Boogie could be one of the best players in the League.

Dare I say it, physically/skillfully Cousins probably has as much talent as Tim Duncan (9/10), but mentally Cousins is 1/10, Duncan is 10/10, that's the difference.

This is true. Wonder if he's just sick of losing and playing for the Kings. Also wonder if any coach/team could tame him to make him productive without him being disruptive or a distraction. The SAS seem like they could pull it off.

This is true. Wonder if he's just sick of losing and playing for the Kings. Also wonder if any coach/team could tame him to make him productive without him being disruptive or a distraction. The SAS seem like they could pull it off.

Not sure SAS (or more specifically Pop) would want any part in DeMarcus....

Could become DWill vs Sloan 2.0.

If the Kings offered Cousins for Gobert and you said no...you'd be crazy. Cousins is five times the player Gobert is.

I remember OKC wanting Kanter for Harden...and we said no. How did that work out? lol.

Quit falling in love with flawed players hoping they turn into something half as good as Cousins. Start making moves for talent. I'd offer up every player we have for Gobert outside of Exum, Hill, Hayward, Favors and possibly Lyles.

This team is the second best team in the West:

Hill/Exum
Hood or Burks
Hayward/Johnson
Favors/Lyles
Cousins

If you could trade Gobert, Mack and Burks and a future pick for Cousins, you make that trade and laugh gleefully to the playoffs.

Everyone worries about culture. We have a great solid core. We have the potential to get 46-49 wins. Maybe 50+. We have veterans who know how to win in Hill and Johnson and we have a leader of this team in Hayward.

Cousins is the final piece. He is a top 5 talent in the NBA. Yeah, he has his issues. BUT, we have NO shot at a player of his caliber who doesn't have issues.

IF this were true, and I get it probably isn't, don't be stupid twice. We had a shot at Harden. Don't let this opportunity pass by again.

Like I said, we'd be the third best team in the NBA if we had this lineup:

Hill/Exum/Neto
Hood/Hill/Hayward/Exum
Hayward/Johnson/Hood
Favors/Lyles
Cousins/Favors/Withey

And if Exum panned out? We'd be competing for NBA titles.

But, yeah, who the hell wants that? Let's keep Gobert. He can his a 15 foot jump shot in practice. *rolls eyes*

If the Kings offered Cousins for Gobert and you said no...you'd be crazy. Cousins is five times the player Gobert is.

I remember OKC wanting Kanter for Harden...and we said no. How did that work out? lol.

Quit falling in love with flawed players hoping they turn into something half as good as Cousins. Start making moves for talent. I'd offer up every player we have for Gobert outside of Exum, Hill, Hayward, Favors and possibly Lyles.

This team is the second best team in the West:

Hill/Exum
Hood or Burks
Hayward/Johnson
Favors/Lyles
Cousins

If you could trade Gobert, Mack and Burks and a future pick for Cousins, you make that trade and laugh gleefully to the playoffs.

Everyone worries about culture. We have a great solid core. We have the potential to get 46-49 wins. Maybe 50+. We have veterans who know how to win in Hill and Johnson and we have a leader of this team in Hayward.

Cousins is the final piece. He is a top 5 talent in the NBA. Yeah, he has his issues. BUT, we have NO shot at a player of his caliber who doesn't have issues.

IF this were true, and I get it probably isn't, don't be stupid twice. We had a shot at Harden. Don't let this opportunity pass by again.

Quite a few people will stop reading the rest of your post once they've read the highlighted bit...

Quite a few people will stop reading the rest of your post once they've read the highlighted bit...

And those are the same players that didn't want to move Kanter for Harden when OKC was looking to move him. I'm not worried about it.

Favors/Cousins swap would be amazing. Don't wanna lose Gobert tho.