Rumor: Jazz interested in Dotson from the Knicks as a free agent

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Thee jazz fan, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Quin had rumors of having consensual sex with a players GF and drug use. Not even close to the same as sexual assault.

NUMBERICA likes this.
  2. Thee jazz fan

Thee jazz fan Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2010
    When did this happen? Is investigation on going, could they not prove it happened or what?

3. Wes Mantooth

Wes Mantooth Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2015
    If we trade Bogey or Ingles, sure. If not, no.

4. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    Uhh, Bogey doesnt even play wing currently and he is only getting older. Ingles might eventually become that way as well.

The Jazz have playable SF's right now, and Royce is only 6'4.

The Jazz only have two playable SG's, one being Mitchell and the other being a rail thin combo guard in Clarkson (both have good length, but they could use another strong bodied guard who can get minutes).

5. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    Google it and I posted a link in this thread

6. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    I mean, sure if the Jazz can somehow find a guy big enough to play the 4 who can shoot, rebound, and defend while being proven enough to earn minutes but also cost close to a minimum deal, great! There just isnt much chance at that and the Jazz have dudes coming up like Brantley and Morgan developing who might fill that role next year.

The only wings in waiting the Jazz have are Oni and Tucker

7. Wes Mantooth

Jul 14, 2015
    Jesus you are annoying as ****. So you’ve said all year how Royce can play the 4 but at 6’4”, and as our most athletic wing, he can’t play the 2. Right. We have Conley, Mitchell, Clarkson and Royce to all play at the 1 and 2.

We don’t have one legit 4. Period.

8. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    What?

Yes, Royce can play the 2, 3, and 4 (and even 5 against a Houston). He can't play both at the same time. The Jazz have a wealth of options at the 4. It's almost a non-issue for them and I dont see much of a need to add flyers there when they have good ones developing (Morgan/Brantley). The biggest strength in the NBA is to have as many versatile athletic wings as possible.

9. homeytennis

homeytennis Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    It happened when he was a U of Oregon student. He was barred from the Oregon campus for four years and kicked out of school.

10. Wes Mantooth

Jul 14, 2015
    We have a wealth of options at the 4. Lmfao you’re a ****ing idiot.

11. Harambe

Harambe Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    I thought you two were the same person..?

Wes Mantooth likes this.
  12. kabenac

kabenac Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Dotson is a decent defender who can hit the three. Royce can do both things better than Dotson so he seems redundant since we have other needs.

I doubt we move Royce as Snyder loves him and he signed an extension; plus he's effective when he's not asked to guard guys half a foot taller than him.

13. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    How on Earth is having too many wing players who have size, defend, and shoot redundant?

14. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Oh I've actually suggested Utah trade for Dotson before... He can really shoot it.. If they were to land him early reports would be "This guy makes everything at practice", which is how it was for the Knicks.

He got a raw deal this season too... With the Knicks being putrid from 3 he shoulda got way more burn.. Instead they just forced the ball to marcus morris.. yikes..

15. Lord Bullingdon

Lord Bullingdon Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2013
    Dotson is no threat to Royce.. Kinda an apples and oranges thing, i dont think their redundant... Dotson is a pure SG.. If he's like Royce, its like the Royce Utah first signed... guy you get for cheap and put him on the bench and hope he can work his way into the rotation.

BTW - If both Royce and Dotson are in an open gym shooting 100 3's, I'd bet on Dotson to make more. for sure.

Dotsons career 36% is not really a good indicator of how good a shooter he is. He's not one dimensional but if he couldnt shoot the way he does, he wouldnt be at this level of basketball.

I mean the knicks floor spacing was pretty much un-****ing-believable this season.. to say their floor spacing was bad is a severe understatement, quite clearly the worst in the league, and 2nd worst probably isnt even remotely close...