What's new

Rumor: Jazz prepared to match 'any offer' for Hayward.

I get less and less interested beyond 10M for Gordon. Wished he was worth that max but he missed too many wide open shots last year for me to blame everything on Corbin or any of the other excuses.

Cavs can offer 63.4 for 4 years. Do we really want to pay Gordon an average of 15.85 for the next four years???....I just threw up in my mouth.

Will it cause us to lose Enes or Burks when they are up for a new contract? If so, consider letting him go. Also, would have have any trade value to us if we sign him to the max? Even if it is too much, we may be able to get assets in return rather than let him walk for nothing.

I also read (take it for what it is worth) that Cleveland has been wanting Hayward for a long time. Supposedly if we could have done a sign and trade they would have given us the first pick for him. (If true, it is too bad we couldn't do a S&T).

I forget the rule, but if we match how long before we can trade him to Cleveland?

A guy that shot 41%FG, 31% 3-pt, had a 16 PER, is a below average defender (analysts have said this) and doesn't have one elite skill is going to get a max contract.

Vomit. The nba owners are tards. I hope they garner zero support in the lockout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The problem is, we have to spend the $ anyway up to the salary floor. Payroll not spent gets distributed to the players as a bonus.

1. I call the Cavs and tell them we're matching unless they want to work out a S&T.
2. If they call our bluff, I match. The payroll has to be used. The Jazz would still be well under the cap, even with his contract.
3. There is NO problem re-signing everyone up to the tax threshold with Favors and Hayward locked in for 4 more years.
4. At the end of his 4 years, he's either re-signed if he becomes an all-star, or he's let go (or traded as an expiring). Jazz have picks in 2017 that could be used to replace him as a starting SF.

Some of you are looking at this based SOLELY on last season's production. Throw that out the window for now and consider Hayward as a 45%/40% player. Not worth $15M, I agree. But certainly worth a lot more than the ridiculously low amounts some of you are tossing around. This is a player who the national team considers one of the best in the US (not top-12, but just below).

Parsons shooting > Gordon
Parsons rebounding > Gordon
Parsons defense = Gordon

I'd rather put money into Parsons

Holy hell that's a lot of money for Gordon Hayward. I like him, but damn.

I understand we need to spend the $ to hit the floor but DL needs to think 3,4,5 years down the line here. If we're trying to assemble a contender in 3 years is a deal like this going to kill our cap flexibility?

We're a small market team. We can afford 1-2 max contracts at any given time, tops, to avoid crazy luxury tax issues. Is Hayward really one of those guys?

I trust whichever way DL leans here.

Tough to say what they'll do. If it was KOC it would be a done deal match. Lindsey strikes me as more prudent. This will be interesting to see who Lindsey really is.

I was expecting a minimum of 4 @ $55 million, so I'm not very surprised about the max offer rumor. If true, I expect the jazz will match.

Cavs can offer 63.4 for 4 years. Do we really want to pay Gordon an average of 15.85 for the next four years???....I just threw up in my mouth.
Hell no.

I keep hearing people say that its fine to overpay hayward cause the cap is gonna go up, we have to spend money anyway, we can afford to max him, haywards deal would end right around the time exums new deal will happen, ect ect....... and that may all be true. But overpaying hayward would make it more difficult to sign future free agents and if burks or kanter have great years next year then it will be harder to sign them. Right?

I also hear that we can simply trade him in a few years. Well what if hayward never plays up to his contract? Are there teams out there that covet overpaid underproducing players?

A guy that shot 41%FG, 31% 3-pt, had a 16 PER, is a below average defender (analysts have said this) and doesn't have one elite skill is going to get a max contract.

Vomit. The nba owners are tards. I hope they garner zero support in the lockout.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk