What's new

Rumor: NBA Consider Allowing Nicknames on the Jerseys

I might be old fashioned but I like them in just the last name with no ads on them. I do wish that the road team could wear a jersey other than white. Like when Houston comes to town let them wear red. I am pretty sure the players, refs and fans will be able to tell who is who. Then when you have teams of a similar color like Utah and Memphis let the road team wear their alternate. So if Utah goes to Memphis they can put on their green unis.

I might be old fashioned but I like them in just the last name with no ads on them. I do wish that the road team could wear a jersey other than white. Like when Houston comes to town let them wear red. I am pretty sure the players, refs and fans will be able to tell who is who. Then when you have teams of a similar color like Utah and Memphis let the road team wear their alternate. So if Utah goes to Memphis they can put on their green unis.

This. All other points are moot.

/endthread

Certainly a better idea than putting advertisement on the uniforms, so I wouldn't mind it. Though it would be irritating sometimes, like seeing stupid nicknames or "King James" phrase on Lebrick James' jersey.

But at the end, this is a business idea to sell more jerseys and as far as I understand players won't be able to wear them all the time therefore, if it will help to ditch the advertisement idea, I'd say wonderful, if not, whatever.

I'm all for it, but I say make the players pay for it. Let them 'Purchase' space on thier uniform just like the advertisers, or naming rights on the stadiums. The advertising on uniforms caused the ticket prices to drop so substantially, so I figure that this will make ticket prices fall even further.

I don't like it. It just reinforces who the superstars are and gives the zebras even more motivation to blow the whistle if you get within their radius. Not to mention most the nicknames these days are awful.

Coming a bit too late: would have loved to see the reaction from Milt as he was handed his "Cap'n Crunch" jersey. If this happens, I say the Jazz put Boler in charge.

Coming a bit too late: would have loved to see the reaction from Milt as he was handed his "Cap'n Crunch" jersey. If this happens, I say the Jazz put Boler in charge.

Wait Boler isn't in charge? I thought he would bang that one down.

tumblr_ln732xIlyN1qbxp0io1_500.jpg

^Could you imagine some kid nowadays walking into school with a jersey that says "Pistol" on the back? Principal would call the cops and that child would be face down in 'cuffs with a knee in the back.

^Could you imagine some kid nowadays walking into school with a jersey that says "Pistol" on the back? Principal would call the cops and that child would be face down in 'cuffs with a knee in the back.

Are you serious? So when you wear a shirt that says "I'm a serial killer" in the back, they put your photo and an award on your head on the ef-bee-aye page?