What's new

Russell Westbrook, Yay or Nay?

Ok, we should decide: do we want Russell Westbrook to play for the Jazz for the rest of the year?

• Yes, we want to get back into the playoffs

• Yes, he will be the tank commander

• No, he would ruin chemistry

• No, he's too good and it's Wembyama time!

Results are only viewable after voting.
if i were to add another yes it might be 'yes, he can help develop the youngsters.' i don't think i can add it tho.
The thing that will help the youngsters develop most is minutes. He will take minutes from them.

Do we want him to play with the team for the remainder of the season?
This is the dumbest question ever, of course we don’t want him here. We don’t want wins, yes he’s a spaz and will help lose some games, but he will win us games too. And then there’s the chemistry **** as well. There’s no ****ing reason to even have this convo.

I can’t vote because I want to vote for the last two options and can’t, so put me down for those two.

I'm just so curious to see what would happen. It could be a great chance to change the narrative here, but could also strengthen it if it goes south.
Yes that would be beneficial but the risk is too high. At some point he’s going to hear one of the 20,000 fans use a slur or hear something inappropriate and all hell will break loose it’s not if but when. That would create a circus then we’d have to get rid of him and that action would only open the wound deeper.
Also want to see. He have no pressure playing here unlike in LA.
When has he ever felt pressure he plays one way, all courage no brains no control
We do right by him and help him recover his reputation,
Want to do right for him let him go. Lol

none of the options are fitting -I would be shocked if he does anything more than hang out in Utah for a day or two, if he even comes here, just to sign some forms and maybe catch up with some friends at the allstar weekend and decide who to go play with after the buyout.
I would HATE him on this roster at this point in his career and don't see it ever having been a reality or why we traded for him at all.

I say yes, but for a different reason.

We do right by him and help him recover his reputation, and get in return a lot of goodwill and respect. Thats gonna help us in landing big fish in FA/trades.

Going to a contender is worse for him. Here he can play pressure free for the rest of this season and maybe revitalise the backend of his career a bit.

Only thing I dont like about it is taking those minutes from some of the others.
he would not recover his reputation at all, he would just continue to be the same "me first" hell bent for glory has been, that is no longer the same athlete that was able to win without a reliable J.

He is more unreliable as a shooter than Ben Simmons being afraid to shoot lol,and in some ways worse because he thinks he has a green light and chucks it all the time. You would think by now he would accept that his J is not the best option to winning.

Remember this forum when Whiteside signed here? Everyone hated him. Then he went out and had monster games and redeemed himself.

I think Westbrook.would have the same effect.

Remember this forum when Whiteside signed here? Everyone hated him. Then he went out and had monster games and redeemed himself.

I think Westbrook.would have the same effect.

Westbrook and whiteside are so different and in such different situations that the comparison just doesnt work. ESPECIALLY when you consider how different the jazz team and goals are right now compared to when we acquired whiteside. Then you add in the how we got each player and comparison weakens even further.

Sent from my iPad using JazzFanz mobile app

He could help the Jazz with their triple double drought. Might be nice to see a jazzman get a triple double. Kessler I think will help us with that when he gets double digit blocks in a game.
As for Westbrook, we have a rebounding problem. He seems like a a really good rebounding guard. Whether we think he was stealing boards from the bigs to pad his stats, or if he really is good. His assist numbers can be good, we haven't had double digit assist guys for a long time. His shooting is obviously horrible. He would have to be the only non-shooter in the line-up or we would just be the Lakers all over again. I liked Westbrook's game in the first year after Durant left OKC. He seemed like he lost a step when we were playing them in the playoffs and by now he could have lost two. I thought he looked good coming off the bench for the Lakers. Our offense seems to work best when the guards can break the paint and the ball can start swinging. I would like to see him play for the Jazz, but if there was ever a racism issue we wouldnt hear the end of that. So I guess we're weighing putting an athletic guard in our lineup with the possible PR problem that it could create.

Are Ainge and company trying to get some form of compensation to release him? Sort of like "Hey Clippers, if you give us a draft pick we will release Russ, if not we will just send him home."

Are Ainge and company trying to get some form of compensation to release him? Sort of like "Hey Clippers, if you give us a draft pick we will release Russ, if not we will just send him home."
I don't think they can "bribe" us with a second rounder. At this point, especially since the deadline has passed. I do think that if Westbrook was desperate enough the buyout could come in at a much lower number, say $35-$40 million, as opposed to the full $47-$48 million

1. Super aginst DRose 2.0 getting nothing out of an asset.
2. I think this world needs healing and WB and Utah definitely have a bad past that would be cool to see turn positive in the end.

My logic says it never happens and I dont know what else DA would do, but if he stays I think Hardy sets some clear boundaries up front and turn the guy loose. Not a WB fan, but the guy definitely leaves it all on the table and you gotta respect that.

Sent from my SM-G996U using JazzFanz mobile app

Westbrook isn't a chip winning player, but he still had winning impact at the Wizards. He was terrible at the Lakers, but within our group that actually has shooters, i believe he could play closer to the level he was before (not close to his mvp days, but starter pg level of fringe playoff teams)

More keen on dropping to a somewhat 6th pick, but wouldn't be opposite to help him recoup some of his image, especially If that helped on how the Jazz is viewed across the league

I just want him to play to see it. One of those players who you could never really imagine being a Jazz player. The Jazz just don't get former MVPs on their team
I want him to play 1 game so I can get each jersey style with his name. Gotta be worth something down the road.