What's new

Salt Lake Valley Steakhouse Recommendations

Always enjoyable to see good things happen to good people. Grats man!!

Hooray for regular poker nights!
Yeah, a Friday night game might now be a possibility. Not sure how people feel about Friday night vs Saturday, but it seems like that worked better when I did it on Friday.

Timbermine is pretty expensive and probably exists because there's no other "high end" steakhouse in Ogden. I'd probably rather go to Maddox.

I've eaten at the Texas de Brazil in downtown Minneapolis a couple of times and they're all right if you want meat and more meat. There's a system to eat. Take some but not much of the standard fare they usually bring around twice before they bring the really good expensive stuff around as quick as they can. Tucanos has better pineapple.

Timbermine is pretty expensive and probably exists because there's no other "high end" steakhouse in Ogden. I'd probably rather go to Maddox.

I've eaten at the Texas de Brazil in downtown Minneapolis a couple of times and they're all right if you want meat and more meat. There's a system to eat. Take some but not much of the standard fare they usually bring around twice before they bring the really good expensive stuff around as quick as they can. Tucanos has better pineapple.
Mmmm Maddox's.

This isn't exactly the right place to talk about this, but whatever, it's my thread.

I'm really happy with my new job. I didn't really understand this until my first day because they just generally said they had "flexible hours" but they really mean they have flexible hours. The only thing that as far as I can tell is only a loose requirement is that I'm there for the 9am meeting and that I am expected to work 40hrs a week. That could be 4am to noon, or 9am take a two hour lunch and work until 7pm, or even work a few extra hours during the week and then go home early on Friday. It's pretty ****ing cool! And it's still early, but this is the most positive work environment I've ever been in. I've heard several people say it's the best job they've ever had.

I left a pretty good thing and gave up a little money to do it, so I was nervous as hell about taking the leap, but so far I'm really happy I did!

This isn't exactly the right place to talk about this, but whatever, it's my thread.

I'm really happy with my new job. I didn't really understand this until my first day because they just generally said they had "flexible hours" but they really mean they have flexible hours. The only thing that as far as I can tell is only a loose requirement is that I'm there for the 9am meeting and that I am expected to work 40hrs a week. That could be 4am to noon, or 9am take a two hour lunch and work until 7pm, or even work a few extra hours during the week and then go home early on Friday. It's pretty ****ing cool! And it's still early, but this is the most positive work environment I've ever been in. I've heard several people say it's the best job they've ever had.

I left a pretty good thing and gave up a little money to do it, so I was nervous as hell about taking the leap, but so far I'm really happy I did!
Congrats! Being reasonably happy in your job matters. I have seen places that do flexible hours, never worked at one, sounds great! You deserve it.

As a manager (salaried) I kind of get flexible hours, as in I don't really have like "sick" time, or anything like that, but I can take a day for being sick or take a few hours off to go to the doctor or have a 1 to 2 hour lunch as I want. Of course that is all off-set by working a 50-60 hour week as a standard and being pretty much 24-hours on-call for any facility issues, but it is a trade-off I was willing to accept.