1. The rules have been updated. Generally, the updates are from an old version of the rules used in 2017 that weren't re-published, language changes from infractions to warnings, and other general clean up.

By using JazzFanz.com with a signed in account, you agree to the terms and rules. These are available in the footer of every page under the Terms and Rules link. If you do not agree with these terms, use the Contact Us link to request an account removal or deactivation. Thank you!

San Antonio Spurs @ Utah Jazz - Mon. Feb 12th 7pm MST

Discussion in 'Utah Jazz' started by Bulletproof, Feb 12, 2018.

1. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    Dude just shut up. I want Donovan shooting...as much as he can. I trust Donovan, and it became obvious why we should through any ups and downs he has. Missing shots does not equate to being bad. Donovan is great, and that’s all there is to say about him. 99.99% of Jazz fans have nothing but thanks and love for Donovan even if he has some bad shooting games.

zman1527 likes this.
  2. NUMBERICA

NUMBERICA Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    He's a ****ing rookie and THE ONLY PLAYER ON THE TEAM THAT CAN CREATE HIS OWN SHOT WITH ANY CONSISTENCY AND MOST OF THE OPPONENT'S GAMEPLAN. AND HE IS 20.

Team's have always needed shot-creators. ****ing dunces.

I wish he was more efficient too, and I wish there was more than the system and a group of premier role players to defer to.

3. Ellis269

Ellis269 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2013

4. jjscap

jjscap Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    This was a huge play

LifeOnaPlate, str8line and Ellis269 like this.
  5. RRJazz

RRJazz Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2017
    Ok, wearing the white unis almost cost us the game. Gold or red rock the rest of the way please!

LifeOnaPlate and tonstermits like this.
  6. Saint Cy of JFC

Saint Cy of JFC Well-Known Member

May 27, 2010
    Also, it was pretty baller that Gobert took a jumper and made it what was practically crunch time.

The next shot was less baller since he missed it pretty badly, but still kind of baller he wanted to take it.

7. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    They have a set schedule of what uniforms they were I believe.

8. mhindy

mhindy Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2010
    Can't get better if you never shoot them, all in all don't really care if the misses are bad. It's sweet to see him with confidence and 1/2 is great.

9. oneye

oneye Well-Known Member 2018 Award Winner

Dec 2, 2017
    One of the radio guys for the Jazz tweeted out “heat check” after Rudy’s second shot. I got a good laugh out of that. That first make was a big time play for sure.

10. jjscap

jjscap Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Some of the plays he made was blatantly selfish though. Going 3 vs 1 on fastbreak and hogging the ball only to get fouled? That's not smart.
    He is exhausted obviously and will probably make better decisions in similar situations going forward however I hope he's not getting blinded by the hype and trying too hard for ROY.

How he took the game over by himself down the stretch was more important, still we should be careful with our wonderkid's development.

11. Saint Cy of JFC

May 27, 2010
    I really dont think Mitchell has done anything selfish all year.

The guy passed up a game winning opportunity to give it to Rubio.

LifeOnaPlate and elan_prodigy like this.
  12. Hitman

Hitman Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Why? He was in at the end of the Toronto game that started the streak with Ricky, and is usually in at the end of games.

I remember thinking after the Toronto game that if you got into a time machine, went back to July, and predicted that we would beat one of the top four teams in the league on the road by Ricky Rubio hitting a go-ahead 3 on an assist from Donovan Mitchell, and then Royce O'Neale grabbing a defensive rebound before icing it from the line, you coulda sent Vegas broke.

I was just as "WTF?" as everyone else when he was signed, but I am now a big fan of Royce.

sahlensguy likes this.
  13. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    So... should we sit out Gobert at the end of games now?

sahlensguy likes this.
  14. gregbroncs

gregbroncs Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    One of the things I like about this team right now is we have at least 7 guys I'd feel comfortable finishing games depending on situation and how they are playing. Gobert, Favors, Crowder, Ingles, Mitchell, Rubio and O'neal, any of those guys are fine on the floor to close games. With Jerebko, Udoh, Neto and Burks all decent options to get minutes during the course of the game without generally hurting our cause too much.

colton and fishonjazz like this.
  15. hgb

hgb Well-Known Member Contributor

May 26, 2010
    It wasn't smart, but I'm not sure it was a selfish play. I think he was worried about throwing the ball away if he attempted a pass up ahead, there was a defender there, after all.

16. utahjazzz

utahjazzz Active Member

May 12, 2017
    Despite the shots not dropping on the night, DM
    kept shooting and shot 9 from 28 on the night. He is obviously desperate to pinch the ROY award from Simmons, which resulted in his obviously blatant stats padding and chuckings. Is he playing for the team or playing for personal accolades?

Imagine if Exum is as selfish as mitchell and shot 9 from 28 on the night, he would have been lambasted on this forum.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018
  17. ONE LOVE

ONE LOVE #Baby_Talk Staff Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Um, are you a Jazz fan?

18. Rubashov

Rubashov Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2016
    first class trolling...

elan_prodigy likes this.
  19. utahjazzz

utahjazzz Active Member

May 12, 2017
    Yes, I am a jazz fan, but I can't stand selfish stat padding chucker like Mitchell. Mitchell is obviously playing for the accolade of ROY right now, hence his blatant chuckings.

We need more unselfish players who play for the team like Ingles and Exum.

20. cowhide

cowhide Well-Known Member

Jun 1, 2010
    I agree it was a bad shooting night but in the end the kid made all the clutch shots. People don't remember but back in 1998 game six when Jordan pushed off. He was something like 9-26. However, all everyone remembers is him making the winning shot. There is no denying that DM stepped up when it counted which average players rarely do that. So his poor shooting is a concern we can live with it when he does other things and makes the clutch shots to win the game.

str8line likes this.