What's new

SBNation - You’ll either love or hate the new Jazz jerseys inspired by the Utah sunset

• Thread starter Michael D. Sykes, II
  • Start date
M

Michael D. Sykes, II

jazz.0.jpg

They even comes with a court!

In the middle of Christmas Day NBA action, the Utah Jazz — who are not playing — unveiled their new “city edition” Nike uniforms. They’re ... polarizing.

The uniforms are inspired by the sunset in Utah and it’s southern canyons and red rocks. The uniforms showcase the different shades of orange, yellow and red you can find in Utah.

jazz.jpg

The team also has a custom floor prepared for when the uniforms debut on Jan. 30, according to a report from ESPN’s Zach Lowe.

Screen_Shot_2017_12_25_at_3.22.42_PM.png

This is the biggest departure we’ve seen from the Jazz’s traditional uniform,s where they’d either use either a music note, a mountain range, or some combination of the two. They’ve also never used these various shades of red.

This is the first time this area of the state has been reflected in a uniform, according to the team.

I think these are fire, but opinions on first impressions of the uniforms have varied so far. Some people absolutely love them.

It’s a Christmas Miracle! Utah Jazz release Nike City Uniforms! MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL AND TO ALL JERSEYS! https://t.co/A8UBPCVO3s

— SLC Dunk (@slcdunk) December 25, 2017

These jerseys are dope!

— Gabe Andrews (@GabeOutsider) December 25, 2017

I like the new jerseys and love the new court. Well done @utahjazz

— Braden (@3rdGenAggie) December 25, 2017

Some people hate them.

Jerseys are awful but the court looks good

— Blue (@BlueFranklin) December 25, 2017

Love the court. The jerseys are gonna have to grow on me though...

— Dunk (@Dunkalunk117) December 25, 2017

Nike needs to stop making jerseys

— ALBO (@ALBOxLEGEND) December 25, 2017

This is a different look for any Utah team, but either way, they’re coming very soon.

Full Story...