What's new

Secession

Texas has over 50,000 votes so the White House has to officially repond. I hope it is along the lines of "Get Bent".

Seems some of those flag-waving, freedom lov'n real Americans don't act to kindly to losing. Funny how they only believe in democracy when their side wins. I think they should take every person's name on all the lists and round them up and send them to the state (TX) with the most signatures. They can have their own little country without any federal funding. I am sure within a few months many of them would be whining to come back.

I think they should take every person's name on all the lists and round them up

Maybe that was a joke, but I don't like it. That kind of talk from either side of the virtual aisle scares me cold. History is full of terrible examples of mass imprisonment and death because that kind of idea was first said jokingly, then considered, then acted on. It has never ended well for the people first 'rounded up' but it usually ends badly for the ones doing the 'rounding' too.

There is still more that unites the left/right, dem/rep, blue/reds than divides them. But if everyone keeps up the dividing rhetoric they will divide and it will be awful for everyone.

PS- Utah's constitution declares that Utah is inseperable from the federal union. So it doesn't even matter who signs what.

Maybe that was a joke, but I don't like it. That kind of talk from either side of the virtual aisle scares me cold. History is full of terrible examples of mass imprisonment and death because that kind of idea was first said jokingly, then considered, then acted on. It has never ended well for the people first 'rounded up' but it usually ends badly for the ones doing the 'rounding' too.

There is still more that unites the left/right, dem/rep, blue/reds than divides them. But if everyone keeps up the dividing rhetoric they will divide and it will be awful for everyone.

PS- Utah's constitution declares that Utah is inseperable from the federal union. So it doesn't even matter who signs what.

I agree that it was a joke.

However let us assume that it does start happening. One side starts rounding up the other and putting them in designated living areas. Such as Texas or California. Well that is when America is dead beyond recovery and a war will be fought. The type of war talked about in The Patriot. One that is fought amoung our homes and that our children learn about with their own eyes. Where the innocent die with the rest of us.

Texas could more than hold their own, and could take back all their natural resources that the federal government have land grabbed from them.

I'm sure Texas would be fine. However I do not support any talk of seccession.

I agree that it was a joke.

However let us assume that it does start happening. One side starts rounding up the other and putting them in designated living areas. Such as Texas or California. Well that is when America is dead beyond recovery and a war will be fought. The type of war talked about in The Patriot. One that is fought amoung our homes and that our children learn about with their own eyes. Where the innocent die with the rest of us.

This kind of war is more possible than 95 percent of posters on this board will admit.

Texas could more than hold their own, and could take back all their natural resources that the federal government have land grabbed from them.

Unless the USA closed its borders to Texas, refused to share their phone lines and other resources, and refused to do any commerce with Texas. They wouldn't hold their own for too long in those conditions.

What would the Texas dollar be worth anyway?

Hmm..... interesting. What do you think is so wrong about talking about it?

Poor choice of words. I do not support secession. Discussing it is fine but when it comes to serious planning and legitimately trying to secced I know where I stand and will make no bones about it.

Unless the USA closed its borders to Texas, refused to share their phone lines and other resources, and refused to do any commerce with Texas. They wouldn't hold their own for too long in those conditions.

Texas would have voastal waters and that would possibly lead to oil rigs.

States would do commerce with Texas, because the federal government cannot supersede states rights.
You actually think that phone companies, internet companies, and other companies would just stop selling their services to the biggest state in the union?

The Texas dollar would be worth a hell of a lot more than the U.S. dollar.
Mostly because their dollar would have commodity backing, and would not have interest and inflation attached to it by the Federal Reserve.