What's new

Seeking you opinion about a new song

eacioban

Hi all,
I'm not posting topics like this very often, but it is for a good cause.
A good friend of mine just released a new song & video clip and he is seeking opinions about it. I will appreciate it if you can listen to it an post your opinion here or at the youtube page.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4Jl4AW5n-s

Thanks,
Eran

I like the Dexter picture in the background.......................

But seriously, its not too bad, but nothing I would listen to, nothing great about his voice, kind of a plain song. Also the guitar solo's sound like they were stolen from Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Great song. I wish I could go back to 1962 and live the enjoyment. The only suggestion I have is music in this genre is usually a little more upbeat. Maybe they can learn a thing or two from Joey Dee and the Starliters, The Four Seasons, and Neil Sedaka. The other option is getting a super hot singer, like The Black Eyed Peas and the more obscure Trailer Choir. Some chicks are hot enough that the music doesn't matter.

trailer_choir2.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEXTO3Kcjmc

The only good part about the song his his guitar ability. The rest frankly is too lame/plain. The drummer looks like someone playing rock band. The singer is the most plain dude I've ever seen headline a band (like the part where he's drinking and then he's like, "WHA?? WHO SAID THAT? HAHA!" and he sounds like he's been singing for a few years. What's with him singing, "You say please come back and then you run away" and yet the video shows them extremely happy, it doesn't really fit.

They're about a step away from sounding as edgeless as The Wiggles.

Eran,

I like the way you approached this. Ill give you my honest opinion.

It's a catchy popular tune that I think will do great in places like Utahr and maybe the Midwest.

Eran,

I like the way you approached this. Ill give you my honest opinion.

It's a catchy popular tune that I think will do great in places like Utahr and maybe the Midwest.

Yea, cause no good music comes from Utah or the Midwest.......

Yea, cause no good music comes from Utah or the Midwest.......

Where did I say it was bad music? Please advise.

Lots of good music comes from Utah. Like the...um. Well there is uh. Oh wait also you gotta figure on. Um. How about...uh.

Well I know there is a lot of good music from Utah.

That it has a catchy, middle America feel to it... Please, do us all a favor and get over yourself.

My mistake..just seems the "Utahr" jab is a little out of place now. Also I will get over myself as soon as your mom gets from under me.

Brandon Flowers.

A very good example..but there are many more. The Used, Neon Tress, The Fictionist.....who are close to being on the cover of Rolling Stone.

Also the huge influence Salt Lake has had on Punk music.

Not to mention the Osmonds, Mo Tab, and the million other Mormons that sing or play instruments that have had influence.