What's new

shabazz muhammad beasting

berkkobe

jazz fo is idiot why you trade this man to minnesota to get Trey Burke.

Next year, you drafted dante exum.

while my boi shabazz is beasting right now

24.4 7.0-12.0 .583 0.2-0.8 .250 3.8-5.8 .655 5.4 1.2 0.4 0.0 1.8 0.4 18.0

his last 5 games.

Well, the Jazz's front office a) didn't know Shabazz would be a good player, b) thought Burke would be a good player, and c) didn't know they'd get Exum in the following draft. Shabazz isn't better than Burks though, and he might not be better than Hood either.

20 points in 21 minutes tonight. 19.8 PER before tonight's game. Who knows how things will turn out in the long-run, but as of now it's looking like the worst NBA trade in quite a while.

Also, Lavine 22 pts and 10 assts tonight. Same age as Exum, picked 8 spots after him. Although I'm still confident Exum turns into the best PG from the 2014 draft, just thought I'd throw a little more fuel on the depression fire we've got raging in here.

edit: It's worth pointing out that with Lavine and Muhammad getting decent minutes, the Wolves have been getting destroyed defensively. Anyone watching the games knows this is the Jazz's biggest problem right now -- the inability to get stops. So it's not like Muhammad or Lavine would be easing our troubles there. They're aggressive scorers and I think we've already got enough of those kinds of players on this team: Burke, Hayward, Burks when he comes back, Kanter. We need defense, confidence and competence, and I'm not sure that Lavine or Muhammad would help there.

No one had Lavine in the top 5. I didn't like the trade for Burke when it happened. I was one of the few who complained and pretty much got criticized for it. I still think Muhammad has a high knuckle head factor so I wouldn't get too excited over his stats. I would like to see if he helps his team win or just gets stats. I think he has talent and would have been ok if the Jazz kept him.

jazz fo is idiot why you trade this man to minnesota to get Trey Burke.

Next year, you drafted dante exum.

while my boi shabazz is beasting right now

24.4 7.0-12.0 .583 0.2-0.8 .250 3.8-5.8 .655 5.4 1.2 0.4 0.0 1.8 0.4 18.0

his last 5 games.

Didn't the timberwolves post the only loss to the 76ers this season?

sorry, but I like Exum's personality so much more than those two 2 d-bags. Can't fault the Jazz for not drafting the 2 biggest head cases in this last 2 drafts. I like Exum, he's a cool dude. I'd love to have a root beer with him.

If we are going to pining away after players we could have had instead of Burke, then we should be thinking the Greek Freak Giannis or Schroder. This is what happens when you get too focused on positions.

If we are going to pining away after players we could have had instead of Burke, then we should be thinking the Greek Freak Giannis or Schroder. This is what happens when you get too focused on positions.
There were 3 players I really liked from that draft. In order they are Schroder, Giannis and Rudy.

What could have been.............

So does this mean somebody is going to start a new thread in the Jazz forum every time Muhammad has a good game? For God's sake, move on.

Bazz was never realistic, especially after he didn't work out for us because of a "mystery injury" (he did work out for for the Twolves or Kings a couple days later....).

On top of that, the Jazz needed a PG, if they didn't come away with one it was another season of 7 PER Earl Watson at the helm, and probably 7 fans showing up on a nightly basis.
The problem was all the PGs (minus Shane Larkin) could be gone by 14. They had to be aggressive and move up, but had 0 trade assets besides the core4 and pick 23. The choice between
those two options was obvious. So now it was down to who was the best PG prospect. Schroder's stock had fallen due to bad workouts. McCollum had the broken foot and combo guard concerns.
Larkin was a midget. The choice was realistically between Trey Burke and MCW. Jazz went with the safer pick with the most college success. If Burke was averaging 18 and 10, think of how many
hindsight revisionist would be ripping the Jazz for not taking the AP player of the year and Wooden award winner.......

If we draft another wing, it going to have to be a shooting specialty wing, not a slasher (with exceptions of course). Need that Klay Thompson, Bradly Beal type dude. If not maybe a defensive specialty like Paul George or Kawhi Leonard.

There were 3 players I really liked from that draft. In order they are Schroder, Giannis and Rudy.

What could have been............. 

I had either staying put and picking Adams (of course he went higher) or trading back for Schroder and taking Gobert with the GS pick. Had the Jazz taken Adams, I advocated trying to trade up and get Schroder.

Oh well. We're in a decent position now...it only took one additional year of losing. We have Gobert, likely got our PG and will now get another big or good wing with an almost certain top-8 pick. Going to be difficult to get a top-3, as Detroit, Philly, Minnesota and New York are all really bad. And the other result of losing badly and picking Trey is that DL was able to get rid of Corbin. So maybe a blessing in disguise we didn't hit on the Burke selection, have Hayward playing like he is now and be a .500 team last year.

If we draft another wing, it going to have to be a shooting specialty wing, not a slasher (with exceptions of course). Need that Klay Thompson, Bradly Beal type dude. If not maybe a defensive specialty like Paul George or Kawhi Leonard.
Defense is the biggest need still.

Going to be difficult to get a top-3, as Detroit, Philly, Minnesota and New York are all really bad. And the other result of losing badly and picking Trey is that DL was able to get rid of Corbin. So maybe a blessing in disguise we didn't hit on the Burke selection, have Hayward playing like he is now and be a .500 team last year.

I slightly disagree. Detroit, Philly and new York are all in the East. I think they'll pick up some less than likely wins because teams don't need to be perfect to get good seeding in the East.

Minnesota doesn't have Pekovic and Rubio playing. When they get healthy I see them winning on a much more regular basis.

I've watched Bazz a decent amount and he's a player everyone on here would complain about all the time. He never passes the ball. He decides he wants to score and throws a shot up no matter what after he makes up his mind. If he was on this team with these stats and we had a losing record, everyone would be calling for him to be traded.