What's new

Shaq close to signing with Celtics

https://twitter.com/SherrodbCSN/status/20245059945

#Celtics appear to be close to signing Shaquille O'Neal. Will have the story up shortly.

So, that should be fun.

Some fun things from Twitter:

DevineBoston

Give up, guys. There's no way to make "Ben Affshaq" funny. Believe me.

russbengtson

Kevin Garnett may as well just start cussing at Shaq now.

@netw3rk

Signing Shaq is like taking ExtenZe: you need size & it's embarrassing, but you think it could help.

I like the move. They're old as crap but Shaq will fit in with their slower style of play. Plus its cool they have two O'neal's playing down low.

The thing about Shaq is he's a big guy who can really put the ball in the hole and get some rebounds. He's great at scoring on the baseline and dishing dimes. I think this is a great pickup for Boston. But they're also a pretty old team too, a lot of their guys are in their 30's. So we'll see how this affects their play. Put them in a retirement center already, HAH HAH!

-Craig

The thing about Shaq is he's a big guy who can really put the ball in the hole and get some rebounds. He's great at scoring on the baseline and dishing dimes. I think this is a great pickup for Boston. But they're also a pretty old team too, a lot of their guys are in their 30's. So we'll see how this affects their play. Put them in a retirement center already, HAH HAH!

-Craig

I usually love your posts Jesus C--, I mean Craig, but this one was awful and unfunny.

Overall this isn't a super terrible pick-up for Boston in the short term. I think The Big Emerald should be able to fill the gap left by Kendrick. What remains to be seen is how he'll respond when Kendrick comes back; that will certainly force Shaq to the bench, at which point he'll be battling Jermaine O'Neal for 2nd string center minutes.

Word is that Shaq has agreed to the vet's minimum - $1.4M - and wants a two year deal (most likely with a player option for the 2nd year).
https://ken-berger.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/11838893/23628123?source=rss_blogs_NBA