What's new

Shawn Bradley paralyzed

wish i didnt click on this thread and read this feel bad for him. hit by a car when hes bycling? how do u not see shawn bradley wtf

ii cant help but wonder if it was an elderly person or someone impaired who has no actual buisness behind the wheel of a car who hit him.. seems likely imo

ii cant help but wonder if it was an elderly person or someone impaired who has no actual buisness behind the wheel of a car who hit him.. seems likely imo
As @Xthren mentions, distracted driving is also a prime suspect. I have long advocated for distracted drivers (drivers using their cellphones) receiving the same penalties that apply to DUI drivers. They are every single bit as dangerous, every single bit as deadly, yet there is much less stigma attached to driving while texting as there is to driving drunk. That needs to change!

So I'll say it here:

If you operate your cellphone while your car is moving you are every bit as bad, every bit as guilty, every bit as dangerous as a drunk driver. And I'm talking about the 2x-3x the limit drunk drivers. You are not being a good person when you do that. You are risking other people's lives for incredibly trivial selfish reasons.

Few people today know how to drive safely, or if they do, they don't seem to care. Too many drivers today have one goal in mind: getting to wherever they can as quickly as possible. Every time you go onto the highways these days, your life is at risk because of this.

Distracted driving is worse than it's ever been. With less congestion on the streets and highways every **** head on the road is spending more and time on their phones while driving.

Wow, good dude, sorry to hear that. If you're not even safe riding a bicycle on the side roads of St. George Utah, where are you safe?

Glad to see that his attitude is good moving forward. We're still rooting for you Shawn!