What's new

Should we go full rebuild?

Should we go full rebuild?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It doesn't... it could be Lauri/SGA and a portfolio of picks or other flexible assets... but you need to be able to still have a good chance at a top4 pick imo. OKC threaded the needle for a couple years and paid it off when they got Chet. I think we could very well be in the bottom 5-6 teams next year without moving Lauri. If you moved Sexton and really leaned into Lisan al Gaib I think the losses would pile up. I think it might piss off Lauri to have another garbage year and its a shame these great years are pretty much wasted for him.
If Ainge and Zanik have a feeling they have wasted already 2 good years from Lauri being mediocre group of individuals who cannot advance to play in games
and even tank right-way then they should pull the trigger and blow whole current roster and keep only Sensabaugh, Hendricks, George and Kessler and some older players like Clarkson.

Ainge is not a stupid he knows damn well Lauri is UFA next year and if uncle Danny wants to get something back without losing LM23 for free
he needs to answer on the phone call and start negotiate for a trade of Lauri Markkanen during the draft night or next trade deadline.

If Ainge and Zanik have a feeling they have wasted already 2 good years from Lauri being mediocre group of individuals who cannot advance to play in games
and even tank right-way then they should pull the trigger and blow whole current roster and keep only Sensabaugh, Hendricks, George and Kessler and some older players like Clarkson.

Ainge is not a stupid he knows damn well Lauri is UFA next year and if uncle Danny wants to get something back without losing LM23 for free
he needs to answer on the phone call and start negotiate for a trade of Lauri Markkanen during the draft night or next trade deadline.
We can extend him this offseason so I’m not scared of the FA aspect. Just think you have to think about it if we can’t add to this group in the medium term. I still am asking for the whole brinks truck if we move him but I could see someone saying yes.

Went down a rabbit hole with a thought today. Will expand on this at some point. If we wanted to move Lauri this offseason the following teams could provide packages I would look at:

- Rockets
- Warriors
- Kings
- Thunder
- Grizz
- Spurs

All those teams play in the same conference. I think you could get them bidding against each other and get someone to do something dumb/short-sighted.

Went down a rabbit hole with a thought today. Will expand on this at some point. If we wanted to move Lauri this offseason the following teams could provide packages I would look at:

- Rockets
- Warriors
- Kings
- Thunder
- Grizz
- Spurs

All those teams play in the same conference. I think you could get them bidding against each other and get someone to do something dumb/short-sighted.
The nets would likely be the top candidate and they have the most enticing package with those future suns picks. They also have the ability to renegotiate and extend if we take back Simmons expiring contract.

The nets would likely be the top candidate and they have the most enticing package with those future suns picks. They also have the ability to renegotiate and extend if we take back Simmons expiring contract.
I would put them on the list except I think they are the Donny destination. So their draft capital will go towards that. If it doesn't I could see a move like Lauri or I could see them blowing it up. I think they should be included though.

Brooklyn may be hiring Johnn Bryant I saw some rumors on twitter. Cavs flame out I think Donny tells them no on an extension... Donny reunites with Johnny in NY with the Nets.

Sacramento is a team to watch. They have hit some snags. They owe a pick to the Hawks but we can work around it a few ways with swaps and conditions. If that pick conveys to Atlanta then they have a clean ledger... If Kings want to give you 3 picks and 2 swaps (in the odd years with the wolves/cavs picks included) it is hard to turn that down... even though we have infinity picks. What if they went higher?

Yes. I don't believe Jazz will land a superstar in trade with the current roster construction, nor have will to improve it so much it's even tried earlier than 2026. I see tanking ahead, so sell Lauri for the tank. He will be turning 30 years in three years, and most likely won't have any playoff experience at that point with Jazz not any team before it. He would then expected as a veteran to lead 20-25 years old roster. Holding onto him now is lowering Jazz changes to get the best changes for top picks and dragging him on with losing ball for seasons aint either gonba build his game like the team would need, nor would be good for him