What's new

SIAP - Just a disgusting piece of journalism. Hit piece in the SF Chronicle.

That was highly opinated. It's not his fault who wants to use your product and how. Is the inventor of the gun responsible for every gun death and war in the last 500 years? Stupid ignorant article

Clown article. Marary thinks people might take him seriously if he creates some controversy. He whines about several owners and somehow has issue with the fact Smith matched BLM contributions.

Let's see who this simp donated to....

Why just last year, Smith pledged to match any of his employees’ contributions to BLM. Why wouldn’t Smith just donate a bunch of money himself, instead of going YOU FIRST to the people working for him?
lmao

He's matching the contributions of all of his employees combined (3,300+) and this guy somehow found a way to spin that into a negative. Very well done.

Clown article. Marary thinks people might take him seriously if he creates some controversy. He whines about several owners and somehow has issue with the fact Smith matched BLM contributions.

Let's see who this simp donated to....
This reply is as guilty of perpetuating a broadside attack as anything he wrote in that article. There might be more to what he’s saying than you realize.

Being honest about how billionaires acquire their wealth is a good thing. Not sure why people are getting butthurt over it.

It's also factual that owners use celebrities as PR fronts. The only thing that really rubs the wrong way about this article is that they are assuming the Wade's ownership percentage without knowing it.

lmao

He's matching the contributions of all of his employees combined (3,300+) and this guy somehow found a way to spin that into a negative. Very well done.
Smith has definitely been very purposeful and crafted with how he’s projected himself. His stepping forward into this new public image has been part of a deliberate PR campaign.

We don’t need to view this as a negative, of course. But your reply appears to make too little of the fact that Smith has deliberately made himself into a product for public consumption.

This is the type of dude that would harass you for any decision you make. His inferences felt something like this: Vote for Trump? You’re a moron. Match donations to BLM? You’re a coward. Work with minorities? Your a sham. Don’t work with minorities? Your institutionally racist.

Seems like a miserable dude

Smith has definitely been very purposeful and crafted with how he’s projected himself. His stepping forward into this new public image has been part of a deliberate PR campaign.

We don’t need to view this as a negative, of course. But your reply appears to make too little of the fact that Smith has deliberately made himself into a product for public consumption.
Nah, I'm well aware of the PR motives behind his decision-making.

I just think it's absurd to weaponize the methodology of his BLM donations against him. It's not like he doesn't have a track record of being an extremely generous donor to numerous progressive causes.

You can get hung up over whether or not he's doing it out of the pureness of his heart or because it's beneficial from a PR standpoint. Frankly, I don't really care. I like the end result, so I support it.

The organization must be doing something right. The press is talking about them. Surprisingly no mention of scholarships for each win. I wonder how that got missed. (Eyeroll)

Nah, I'm well aware of the PR motives behind his decision-making.

I just think it's absurd to weaponize the methodology of his BLM donations against him. It's not like he doesn't have a track record of being an extremely generous donor to numerous progressive causes.

You can get hung up over whether or not he's doing it out of the pureness of his heart or because it's beneficial from a PR standpoint. Frankly, I don't really care. I like the end result, so I support it.
You’re well aware? Like, you mean you’re personally filled-in on their specific PR strategies? If so, I’d like to read those links.

I’m not getting hung up on this or that, I swear. But I will say that I’m not overly fond of Qualtrics as far as tech products are concerned. And I think it’s weird how even here at JFC there’s never been an honest discussion—filled with thoughtful details—about how Ryan makes his money and the impact his actual business is having in the world. Silence can be more embarrassing than an opinion piece in SF Gate.

You’re well aware? Like, you mean you’re personally filled-in on their specific PR strategies? If so, I’d like to read those links.
No, I mean I'm well aware that there are PR motives that exist and almost certainly play a role.
I’m not getting hung up on this or that, I swear. But I will say that I’m not overly fond of Qualtrics as far as tech products are concerned. And I think it’s weird how even here at JFC there’s never been an honest discussion—filled with thoughtful details—about how Ryan makes his money and the impact his actual business is having in the world. Silence can be more embarrassing than an opinion piece in SF Gate.
We can have that discussion if you want, but my original comments were about the absurdity of spinning Ryan Smith's BLM donations against him. I don't have an informed opinion on the ethics of Qualtrics' operations.

No, I mean I'm well aware that there are PR motives that exist and almost certainly play a role.

We can have that discussion if you want, but my original comments were about the absurdity of spinning Ryan Smith's BLM donations against him. I don't have an informed opinion on the ethics of Qualtrics' operations.
Gotcha. Thanks.

I don’t need to discuss Qualtrics..... that’s why I haven’t brought it up around here...