What's new

SLC Dunk - Jazz lose coin flip to Nuggets, will pick #29

L

Lake Hale

Utah Jazz Open Scrimmage

Photo by Melissa Majchrzak/NBAE via Getty Images

Jazz 3rd pick will be at #29 after another loss to Denver

The Denver Nuggets beat the Jazz once again today. This time it wasn’t a 7-game series, a random Tuesday night game, or anything competitive at all. The Jazz’s third pick in the 2024 NBA draft courtesy of OKC was tied with the Denver Nuggets for 28. In this scenario the league flips a coin, the coin lands for Denver and they will have the 28th pick in the draft, the Jazz getting the 29th.

Does this matter?

Not really. The difference between the 28th and 29th pick in this draft is not much at all. With Jazz luck, there’s a high chance the 28 pick in this draft will become a 3-time MVP or something but there’s nothing the Jazz can do about that.

What should the Jazz do with pick #29?

I personally am pro trading this pick, the Jazz have a bevy of young players on their roster that already need to play. Is pick #29 better than Jason Preston or Kenny Lofton Jr.? It’s certainly possible they are, but I think it’ll be more important to play those young cats over pick #29 in a bad draft. If the Jazz could package all 3 of their picks and maybe a future pick to move up for a player like Stephon Castle or Cody Williams I would be ecstatic.

Full story from SLC Dunk...