What's new

SLC Dunk - PODCAST: Utah Jazz offseason, Lauri Markkanen extension, and trades with Ken Clayton of Salt City Hoops

J

James Hansen

Cleveland Cavaliers v Utah Jazz

Photo by Alex Goodlett/Getty Images

The Utah Jazz are likely going to re-negotiate Lauri Markkanen’s contract. What will that look like?

On this lastest Hoops Nerd podcast I was joined by Ken Clayton of Salt City Hoops. Ken is fantastic with his knowledge of the NBA cap/contracts/cba and how it correlates to the Jazz. I wanted to ask Ken about the different options for the Utah Jazz this offseason with Lauri Markkanen’s contract and he went through exactly what they can do, and the dates they can do it.

We also talked about the big game hunting the Jazz could potentially do this offseason. If they do go after a player, what will that look like and what can they offer? On top of that, let’s say they do make a trade happen to bring a big time star like Giannis Antetokounmpo. How good would the Jazz even be at that point?

A huge thanks to Ken Clayton for coming on. His handle is @k_clayt on twitter if you want to follow him. This pod definitely earned my first loud clap of the night!

Full story from SLC Dunk...