What's new

SLC Dunk - The Utah Jazz Host the OKC Thunder for Game 4 in Salt Lake City

D

dianaallen

usa_today_10800339.0.jpg

Watch out Russell Westbrook and the Thunder, the Jazz and their fans are just getting started!

Its game day! After long breaks between the first three games, its hard to believe we just had to wait one day for it to be game day again. Tonight our Utah Jazz take on the Oklahoma City Thunder in Game 4.

Have you come off the Game 3 high yet? I have not. I am still giddy with excitement from the Utah Jazz’s Saturday, Game 3 win. I am in disbelief that our team that started 19-28 is now leading the superstar heavy Oklahoma City Thunder. This season has been magical. Game 3 was no different. I am so excited to see what magic Game 4 will behold. Despite holding a 2-1 lead the Jazz must treat this game like a Game 7. The Jazz did not want to give the Thunder any kind of momentum or hope heading into Game 5 in Oklahoma City.

Game Info:

When: Monday, Apr. 23, 2018 •8:30 PM MT

Where: Vivint Smart Home Arena, Salt Lake City, UT

TV: ESPN, AT&T Sports Net - Rocky Mountain

Radio: 1280 AM/97.5 FM The Zone

Injuries:

Utah Jazz:

Thabo Sefolosha - knee - out for season

Oklahoma City Thunder:

Andre Roberson - knee - out for season

What to Watch for:

Homecourt Advantage

Going into Game 3, the Utah Jazz had been 1-8 in their last nine home playoff games. That is unheard of in Utah. Due to bad matchups with the Warriors, Spurs, and Lakers, and a very weird series with the Los Angles Clippers, it had been a long time since we had seen that strong home court advantage we had grown accustom to with Jazz teams.

Game 3 was different. The players took advantage of home court like we hadn’t seen in nearly a decade.

Jazz fans were lauded for their noise in Game 3.

Haven’t been to the Jazz’ arena in a while. Not sure if it comes across in the clip but I forgot how ridiculously loud this place is. If Jazz play the way they did in Game 2, I may be in concussion protocol tomorrow. pic.twitter.com/KNDUFS06VE

— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) April 22, 2018

Not one of - THE loudest. Oracle & Moda Center one decibel down. https://t.co/OTFfhK1xv4

— Ric Bucher (@RicBucher) April 22, 2018

It was reminiscent of the Stockton to Malone years:

There's nothing more electric than when Jazz playoff crowds sense the moment and rise as one to punctuate Jazz scoring runs with an avalanche of sound. Legit home court advantage.#NBAPlayoffs #DeltaCenter #TakeNote pic.twitter.com/hfirDWuNub

— JazzBasketball (@Jazzbasketball1) April 21, 2018

The loudest NBA game ever was the ending to Game 4 of the 1997 NBA Finals. The crowd was so loud that it drowned out Marv Albert. I don't know if that'll ever be topped. pic.twitter.com/X8A7I2cQUt

— ᴀᴘʀɪʟ, ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴍᴀʏ, ᴊᴀᴢᴢ ꜰᴀɴ (@TheJazzyUte) April 23, 2018

Can Jazz fans bring it again? Can the team take advantage of what is undeniably the strongest home court advantage in the league?

Rudy Gobert has nothing but praise for Jazz fans. From his recent article in the Players Tribune, Swat Lake City:

I’ll leave you with one last number.

That’s the maximum attendance at Vivint Smart Home Arena. Any team that wants a piece of us is gonna have to come to Salt Lake City and deal with all 19,911 of you. Maybe nobody else believes in us, but that’s their problem. We know we’re still being overlooked. In Utah, people have seen that before. Now is the time to take what we know we deserve. Now is the time we make sure they hear us.

And we’re going to need all of you.

Every single one.

Be there Jazz fans, be there for the players, be there for out-of-state and international Jazz fans that can’t make it to the game.

Be ready for Game 4 because our players certainly will be!

The montage they showed at the end of the game makes one epic hype video pic.twitter.com/FLa8ng1M8s

— moni (@monilogue) April 22, 2018

Full Story...