What's new

SLC Dunk - Utah Jazz face the Toronto Raptors in second preseason game

H

hansenjames

usa_today_10568889.0.jpg

How will the Jazz do against the new look Raptors?

Game Info

When: 7:00MT • Tuesday October 2nd, 2018

Where: Vivint Smart Home Arena · Salt Lake City, Utah

TV: AT&T SportsNet

Radio: 1280 AM/97.5 FM The Zone

Injuries:

Utah Jazz:

Trey Lewis - Left Ankle - Doubtful

Derrick Favors - Illness - Questionable

Raul Neto - Right Hamstring - OUT

Dante Exum - Right Knee Soreness - OUT

Toronto Raptors:

OG Anunoby, Personal Reason - Questionable

What to watch for

Kawhi Leonard is playing!

usa_today_11311491.jpg
Dan Hamilton-USA TODAY Sports

The new look Raptors are as interesting a team as any out there and Jazz fans get a front row seat to see how they are gelling. All eyes are on Kawhi Leonard and if he’s healthy. Because when healthy he’s a top-5 level talent and has the ability to carry them to the Eastern Conference Finals and beyond.

How will Kawhi fit alongside Kyle Lowry? It’s easy to see the Raptors going deep into the playoffs if Kawhi and Lowry build chemistry.

For the Jazz, it’s another chance to see some of the bench players get time. They were electric against an NBL team. Will they be just as good against NBA talent?

Is Grayson Allen another draft steal?

1043234560.jpg.jpg
Photo by Gene Sweeney Jr./Getty Images

Grayson Allen was impressive against the Perth Wildcats hitting five strait threes. Can he keep up the shooting against NBA level talent? If he can, we’re looking at a steal in the late first round AGAIN.

It will also be nice to see Allen get more minutes alongside other bench rotation players like Royce O’neale and Alec Burks. It’s too bad Dante Exum is out with leg soreness because they looked to already have good chemistry together. That’s also been helped by Allen shooting lights out so far.

Allen will also get to play with Georges Niang who also has a chance to make an impact for the Jazz with his shooting. With all this depth of potency for the Jazz, the story of the season may well be the Jazz bench creating leads that lead to a lot of regular season wins.

Full Story...

Exum out knee soreness? Hopefully it is just normal soreness from operating at game speed after the break, like after a strenuous workout.

I am most interested to watch these three Bigs:

Gobert- Was the best offensive player last game, and the Jazz seemed very aggressive getting the ball to him above/in the restricted area. I want to know if that will continue against NBA bigs. Would be awesome if he is able to punish teams for putting a small defender on him. How incredible would it be if he is finally the Center that kills the small ball/switching defense momentum?!

Favors- I am not convinced that the weight loss makes him a better player. His most impactful moments seem to be when he just out powers teams for a rebound or putback. So, I want to see if the weight loss impacts both his perimeter and interior defense. Hopefully, this matchup gives us a look at both, but for sure we should get a few plays of Favs banging down low with Valanciunas.

Niang- I don't think he can hang physically on defense, and maybe not on offense. I hope today he changes my mind.

Last edited: