What's new

Small trade idea

Why not just go one step further and flip that #25 pick into picks in the first round? Either sell the #25 pick for $3mil and then buy 2 2nd round picks (numbers are from recent espn articles) for $1.5mil each or just trade the #25 for something like Milwaukee's 2 2nd's. I think that there is much more value in the 2nd round than at the end of the first (Bledsoe being available at #25 would make for a difficult decision, though).

I apologize if this deal has been proposed before, usually I'm pretty good about that. What set it off in my mind was the mention that Memphis really wanted Babbit and the ordering in the most recent mock drafts. I regarded that as new information that made such a deal plausible.

I'd rather have a top 5 pick in the 2nd round than one of the last 5 picks of the 1st round. Potential is about the same and the 2nd rounder isn't guaranteed anything.

Larry Sanders, Quincy Pondexter, Hassan Whiteside (who at 25 is a hell of a prospect), and James Anderson will definitely available at 25 and there's no guarantee the would be at the beginning of the 2nd.

I don't think the #25 pick is value enough to drop three spots in the lottery. I guess I wouldn't be horribly against it if the Jazz get their man (Udoh :p ) and then whomever at 25.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I think my two favorite picks would still be available at 12 (whiteside, davis) and then we could get another backup wing with that pick!

I don't think the #25 pick is value enough to drop three spots in the lottery. I guess I wouldn't be horribly against it if the Jazz get their man (Udoh :p ) and then whomever at 25.
The point, though, is that no one is on the same page at all as to who the Jazz should even draft at #9 and that one of the two stronger prospects are pretty much guaranteed to be available (Henry and/or Aldrich). Considering that there are bound to be some nice players still left on the board at #25, I think it's a home run (again, assuming the Jazz can't trade into the consensus top-5 talents and assuming none of them fall to 9).

The point, though, is that no one is on the same page at all as to who the Jazz should even draft at #9 and that one of the two stronger prospects are pretty much guaranteed to be available (Henry and/or Aldrich). Considering that there are bound to be some nice players still left on the board at #25, I think it's a home run (again, assuming the Jazz can't trade into the consensus top-5 talents and assuming none of them fall to 9).

That's true, but I'm not sure I'm liking the idea of having four guys you like available at #9 and then trading to #12 and saying you'll take whoever is left of the four. Make a decision! It's like having control of the board in Family Feud and passing to the other team.

*somewhat obscure game show reference. *pumps fist*

i would do this trade depending on how the draft went. if they cant move up and george is still available at 12 thats a no brainer. i believe there are some late first rounders in this draft that could turn out to be good players, especially if whiteside slides that far (currently projected #23 on DE). orton, sanders, brackins, alabi, or seraphin could be available too. the grizz have the 28th pick as well so the jazz could potentially get 3 first rounders.

Last edited:

I would do this, at 25 one of these bigs would still be there: Whiteside, Sanders, Orton, Brackins, Alabi

Bad Idea. We don't need bodies. We need quality players. And trading down to get 2 rookies. Late first round draft picks usually don't pan out. So we should be either staying put at our draft position or we should be trading up.

Only way we should trade down is if a team is willing to give us a veteran player along with there pick in the teens.

Bad Idea. We don't need bodies. We need quality players. And trading down to get 2 rookies. Late first round draft picks usually don't pan out. So we should be either staying put at our draft position or we should be trading up.

Only way we should trade down is if a team is willing to give us a veteran player along with there pick in the teens.

We need a big man, a wing, and a solid backup pg. That qualifies as bodies. AK will be gone after next year or kept as a backup as he approaches 30. Miles and Matthews are nothing. I won't even waste words on Price.