What's new

Sneak peek at my Jazz offseason preview

I don't think Evans come in before Booker by any means but I'm really confused by all the Evans hate. What makes Evans so bad and Booker so good? Maybe I'm just underrating Booker?

I don't think Evans come in before Booker by any means but I'm really confused by all the Evans hate. What makes Evans so bad and Booker so good? Maybe I'm just underrating Booker?

Booker started 40 games for a playoff team last year. Good defender, good rebounder, solid offensive game. Just a solid, solid role player.

Additions: Quin Snyder, Dante Exum, Rodney Hood, Trevor Booker, Steve Novak, Carrick Felix

Subtractions: Ty Corbin, Marvin Williams, Richard Jefferson, John Lucas III, Eric Murphy, Malcolm Thomas

When you also factor in that the team is very young and so improvement from some of the young players is reasonable to expect, I guess I just don't see how this year's Jazz could possibly be worse than last season.

Subtractions: Ty Corbin, Marvin Williams, Richard Jefferson, John Lucas III, Eric Murphy, Malcolm Thomas

Wow, you should have put that in the Additions list! Talk about addition by subtraction!

We're going to be better than last year. Burke is no longer a rookie and should have worked on his weaknesses and we have some new players who will contribute. We're also better defensively (not a big upgrade but we are definitely better with Booker, Felix, Exum & hopefully some increased playing time for Gobert).

And oh, yeah... Corbin is gone!!!

That being said I don't see us making the playoffs - but the Jazz will be improved and more fun to watch.

I think most people would say that the season really hinges on Burks and Kanter's continued improvement, on the impact of Quin Snyder's system at both ends and Dante Exum's (limited) minutes at PG. The X-factors are Exum and, to a lesser degree, Gobert.

TBH, I think Favors is every bit as much a trade candidate as Kanter is, especially given the emergence of Rudy Gobert. Kanter is the better scorer, the better offensive rebounder, and has more speed and natural feel out on the floor.

Favors isn't going anywhere, unless he brings back Love or Wiggins. He is a proven, young, big who can play 30 mins and get you 15 and 10 and is CHEAP.

When did Trevor booker start averaging big numbers? Oh that's right he doesn't he will be a big disappointment this year. If he was so good at starting on the wizards why didn't they keep him? You people on here can't really think Trevor booker will contribute to the jazz