What's new

So, no one wants to come to Utah....

we made good on getting on these second/third level, but it's not like if we did recruited some big fish, right ?

the conley trade problably helped on it too

People came because of these things.

DM loving it here vocally and inviting people to come.

Gobert.

Snyder and coaching staff = awesome & development

Conley trade.

Bojan chose to sign here.

Boom, flood gates open.

Thank you Snyder, DM, Gobert, Ingles, Gail, Sr GM & GM.

Sometimes you make all the right calls and nobody comes. Sometimes you make all the right calls with the right timing and they all come.

we made good on getting on these second/third level, but it's not like if we did recruited some big fish, right ?

the conley trade problably helped on it too

Bogdanovic is a really significant singing for us. Easily the biggest free agent to come here since Carlos Boozer over a decade ago.

Bogdanovic is a really significant singing for us. Easily the biggest free agent to come here since Carlos Boozer over a decade ago.

for sure, no denying on that. also big part of our really strong and active offseason. but still second tier free agent i'd say

anyway, stills a lot better than any offseason that could be remembered. not only bogey, ed davis on our room mle (he'd problably be able to get that ir a bit more anywhere else, but choose here) and the same goes for green.

People came because of these things.

DM loving it here vocally and inviting people to come.

Gobert.

Snyder and coaching staff = awesome & development

Conley trade.

Bojan chose to sign here.

Boom, flood gates open.

Thank you Snyder, DM, Gobert, Ingles, Gail, Sr GM & GM.

Sometimes you make all the right calls and nobody comes. Sometimes you make all the right calls with the right timing and they all come.

With some substantial help and planning from the Jazz front office that made it possible.

Uhhh, the Jazz signed a white European. That's kind of the exception everyone agrees on. That and older vets (Jeff Green/Ed Davis).

And they wanted to sign another white Euro and he chose Europe over Utah.

So no, I dont think the myth is dispelled yet.

Bump this thread when a mid 20's all-star with a robust market picks Utah.

Mike Conley probably has more to do with the signing of Davis in Green. There are former teammates of the "teammate of the year". Both probably could have gotten more money elsewhere, but wanted to play with Conley and wanted to compete for a championship.

Mudiay's agent has said he likes the Jazz's developmental program. I'm sure playing with Conley is part of that, but the Jazz do deserve kudos for developing a reputation.

Seeing Conley bring some guys to the Jazz makes me believe that maybe some day Mitchell will be able to recruit players to come play with him in SLC. I doubt it will be the 20 somethings on their first big time contracts, but maybe guys with 7+ years of experience. That will be our saving grace in 5+ years. If Mitchell walks, we are in trouble.

For the deal he got in Europe I wouldn’t come here either
Has the official deal been reported yet? There was a rumored one, but it was debunked.

I can't imagine he'll be making more money in Europe. They just don't have the ability to pay NBA money.