What's new

So we let "Boy George" beat our brains out?

carolinajazz

Held Westbrook to 3-17 but couldn't even get in the way of Boy George on his way to 40 some points? And Mitchell misses the tying free throws at home with the game on the line.....and wonders why Korver should have been in there instead of him! Oh, maybe Korver was in the game.....I didn't see any of it myself....just going by the box score! Tough loss though, at home, when you have over 30 assists again and hold there wonder boy, Westbrook to 3-17 from the field!

Held Westbrook to 3-17 but couldn't even get in the way of Boy George on his way to 40 some points? And Mitchell misses the tying free throws at home with the game on the line.....and wonders why Korver should have been in there instead of him! Oh, maybe Korver was in the game.....I didn't see any of it myself....just going by the box score! Tough loss though, at home, when you have over 30 assists again and hold there wonder boy, Westbrook to 3-17 from the field!
2 things:

1, Paul George is an MVP candidate and waxed us.

2, you didnt watch the game, how about you try doing that before you become so critical

Sent from my SM-G965U using JazzFanz mobile app

2 things:

1, Paul George is an MVP candidate and waxed us.

2, you didnt watch the game, how about you try doing that before you become so critical

Hey, posters are like sports critics! We can be as critical or as complimentary as we might like to be! We let another game slip away because we couldn't stop one guy from scoring 40 plus points on what looked like almost perfect shooting, and we missed the game tying free throw that would have put us in overtime! On the positive side we had another game of 30+ assists, which means were passing the ball well and hitting the open man! Excellent! We also played very good defense on Westbrook, as he shot a pathetic 3-17 from the field. But the missed free throw and the less than stellar defense on "Boy" George left a lot to be desired! And I came to all those correct conclusions without seeing the game! Just by reading the box score! Pretty impressive, huh?

We missed some wide open shots. The refs missed some clear fouls. PG caught fire in the third. Donovan made an incredible move to blow by PG but Westbrook made an incredible foul to make Donovan earn it from the line. After falling hard because of the foul, Donovan's first FT rattled out.

About PG, I wish we would have tried Exum or O'Neale more on him in the 3rd. Seems like he did most of his damage on Ingles and Crowder. But he was so zoned in, it probably wouldn't have mattered.

Sent from my VS995 using JazzFanz mobile app

IDK if there's been a better 2 game stretch in the NBA this szn than what George has done in the last 2.

Funny thing is there's a report out there that sometime last season George asked Billy Donovan to stop calling plays for him. Pretty sure he's out there just freelancing.... which is awesome. basketball is the best sport.

Can we all now agree that George is better than Hayward? I used to get a lot of **** around here for stating the obvious.

Lemme restate my basic argument here real quick;

Paul George is a true top-gun and Hayward at best is a 2nd or 3rd option on a playoff team.

Last edited:
P G hit some pretty tough shots. They were also running a lot of sets to get him open. Sometimes players get hot. Hell, I remember a rookie going for 41 last year against the pelicans.

Hey, posters are like sports critics! We can be as critical or as complimentary as we might like to be! We let another game slip away because we couldn't stop one guy from scoring 40 plus points on what looked like almost perfect shooting, and we missed the game tying free throw that would have put us in overtime! On the positive side we had another game of 30+ assists, which means were passing the ball well and hitting the open man! Excellent! We also played very good defense on Westbrook, as he shot a pathetic 3-17 from the field. But the missed free throw and the less than stellar defense on "Boy" George left a lot to be desired! And I came to all those correct conclusions without seeing the game! Just by reading the box score! Pretty impressive, huh?
If you saw the game, you would see that the Thunder was running a pick and roll with russ, george and Adam's that was killing us in the third. The jazz were winning the game until the 3rd when that, and PG13 couldn't miss a shot.

Hey Mr poster, how can you stop a guy when he just pulls up from 24 feet and swishes it? If you saw the game then you could see that there wasnt anything the Jazz could do with anyone on their squad.

Like I said, you didnt watch the game so you're talking out of your ***

I agree that sometimes a guy can get so hot he's almost uncanny and virtually impossible to control or stop. I was just disappointed that the Jazz had this game at home, had been playing excellent ball and had Westbrook stopped, had another 30+ assists.....and we STILL lost this game!

I agree that sometimes a guy can get so hot he's almost uncanny and virtually impossible to control or stop. I was just disappointed that the Jazz had this game at home, had been playing excellent ball and had Westbrook stopped, had another 30+ assists.....and we STILL lost this game!
Try watching the game

Wonder why no one ever brings up Wade's meeting with George over the summer. Lebron obviously sent him there to try and convince him not to go L.A. His whole attitude changed after that meeting. Guess Lebron knew if they got George the other big hitters were out of the picture?

1. Korver was in then
2 DM's shot was in and popped out, just caught too much back rim.