What's new

Some Fun Facts About The Jazz

Doublea

The average age of this season's Jazz team (right now) is 23.5. The next closest is Philly at 23.8. That is crazy. Being the youngest team and playing this well, let's just say the future is bright!

Right now our roster composes of 8 first round picks, 2 second round picks, and 4 undrafted players. Not to mention 7 rookies. Also super impressive with how well we have played recently.

The average NBA experience between our players is 1.5 years.

Our current starting lineup of Exum-Ingles-Hayward-Favors-Gobert's average height is 81 inches or 6' 9". Which I have a feeling is either the tallest in the NBA or close to it. (Bucks seem to have the same average).

Since Feb 1st Jazz defensive rating (pts per 100 possessions) is 95.7, #1 in NBA. Next closest is Indiana at 97.5 and Portland at 97.8 (.DL)

Since Dante Exum moved into starting line-up (18 games) ago. Jazz rank #3 defensively and #5 in efficiency differential <---- I think that is pretty good.

Jazz Point Differential by Month
October: -14.5
November: -4.7
December: -1.4
January: -.1
February +4

That is improvement ladies and gents.

Dante is a key part of this team's defensive identity. Between him, Millsap and Jingles, the Jazz have been SO much more active and solid on the perimeter.

We talk about how the offseason is the critical time for his development and how increased size and explosiveness will help him attack more inthe offensive end. . . and we (at least I) forget about how those things will impact his defensive abilities as well. That's pretty damn exciting.

Also still hoping that he's not done growing. Would love to have a 6'7" or 6'8" PG with his length, speed and passing abilities. Giannis Antetokounmpo has grown about 2" since he was drafted. Hoping Exum has it bit more still in him as well.