What's new

Something that would help avoid some of these collapses.... FORCE SOME TURNOVERS

dipship31

Watching a lot of these games coming down the stretch we've clearly struggled to execute and being able to maintain our leads. Obviously having Hill helps avoid maybe all of these late game collapses against poor teams, but one thing I noticed also watching them is that we seem to really not be able to force not nearly enough turnovers to maybe lead to some easy baskets and take some of the pressure off. We are DEAD LAST in the league in forcing turnovers which seems odd that we have the most efficient defense in the league despite not being able to create any TO's.

Not gonna complain too much since we've won 10 of 12, but we've also been shooting the ball at amazing percentages. Once those come back down to earth we'll need to rely on some easy points.

Jazz are 7 games above .500, are 8-2 for their last 10, good D and O efficiency, good point differential and are moving up the standings.

Yeah, forcing more TOs would be nice but whatever they are doing is working. I'm not going to get worked up over it.

Jazz don't gamble on defense. You go for stels, you often end up getting burned. I'm more concerned with Utah taking care of the ball on the other end. Utah TO's were the main reason Dallas had a chance.

Hill makes ALL the difference. There were a couple games he just took over and refused to let the Jazz give away. Utah is a completely different team once he comes back.

I just think they were complacent tonight expecting the w. Probably looking forward to the GSW game. They need to respect their opponents more by disrespecting them.

Turnovers will increase when Hill and Favors are both back to full speed. Don't mind that they're not willing to gamble, because missing leads to easy baskets the other way.

i was sick of the execution on offense. in the first 3 quarters there is a lot of movement in the 4th it seems like they go isolation and people stand around

Other than the Seth Curry drive, the Mavs were forced to take ridiculously hard shots down the stretch. To me forcing Harrison Barnes to take a fade-away 22 footer with a hand in his face when you're owning the boards is just as good as a turnover.

Mavs are short handed but they're still chock full of veterans - they're gonna have games like last night where they push good teams. They were winning in the 4th in San Antonio a few games back. Last night was not a "meltdown"

Jazz are 7 games above .500, are 8-2 for their last 10, good D and O efficiency, good point differential and are moving up the standings.

Yeah, forcing more TOs would be nice but whatever they are doing is working. I'm not going to get worked up over it.

You said it man. Jazz are tops in point differentials that is all that really matters.

You knew this game would be close. I'm just glad they lucked out and got the win. Jazz are listening to all the people saying how great they are and completely overlooked the Mavs, who are dreadful in record only. Team execution is a good idea after that game. Fourth quarter was hard to watch, and easily the worst few minutes of Hayward since preschool.