What's new

Sources: Bobby Portis significantly interested in Utah

Maybe so. I honestly am not sure how the numbers will play out this year. Based on the number of FAs though a lot of guys are going to go for much less than expected as money runs out after the big names get signed. Jazz could bargain hunt. One of those guys is going for cheap or someone else that is pretty good.

As far as matching goes, maybe. I doubt Jazz even make an offer unless they know Chicago isnt matching or lets him be a UFA. They are not going to waive Favors and just hope for the best in tying up their money and trying to sign a RFA.

Bobby plays for the wiz.

The guys you mentioned are all 15M type free agents... JJ and Danny prolly 12M, some of those guys get close to 20M.

I heard Pat Bev may gets upwards of 14-15M which is bonkers... lots of dough out there.

Bobby plays for the wiz.

The guys you mentioned are all 15M type free agents... JJ and Danny prolly 12M, some of those guys get close to 20M.

I heard Pat Bev may gets upwards of 14-15M which is bonkers... lots of dough out there.

And lots and lots of players. Chances are there.

Jazz just got a homer. Time to either hit another or a pair of doubles.

Bobby plays for the wiz.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about that trade.

You might be right about the money. But some good players ain't getting paid if guys go for that much. Grab those guys.

And lots and lots of players. Chances are there.

Jazz just got a homer. Time to either hit another or a pair of doubles.

Not really on those guys... there will be a free agent or two that sign a bargain deal but not on the dudes mentioned in that post.

None of those other guys can be had for 7 M... they’d cost almost twice that. 10-12 is prolly fair for Bobby but fair offers get matched in restricted free agency... so I’m guessing 13-17 makes them sweat.

I think they prioritize Bryant ahead of Portis or Satoransky and that Portis won’t fetch quite that amount.

I think 3/30 could possibly get it done. Maybe 3/35.

Not really on those guys... there will be a free agent or two that sign a bargain deal but not on the dudes mentioned in that post.

I didn’t mean them specifically. Just hope the Jazz don’t only sign a few guys to vet minimums and call it good. With the Conley trade and GSW wounded there’s blood in the water. Now is perhaps the best chance the jazz have had at a title in 20+ years. Strike, strike and strike till you’ve built a juggernaut. Go all in, right now.

I’ve been the Portis conductor for months now. It makes too much sense. We need a stretch 4. He can play the 4 or 5, like Favors. His age is perfect for our timeline. He has solid length and athleticism.

We have to opt of Favors, as painful as it might be.
And he would be able to play more than 23 minutes per game?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

I think they prioritize Bryant ahead of Portis or Satoransky and that Portis won’t fetch quite that amount.

I think 3/30 could possibly get it done. Maybe 3/35.

Not that he will get it but he already turned down 40-50... was looking for around 16M... I think 4/48ish is right about what he gets.

We shall see. Problem is you have to waive Favs just to give him an offer sheet.

I didn’t mean them specifically. Just hope the Jazz don’t only sign a few guys to vet minimums and call it good. With the Conley trade and GSW wounded there’s blood in the water. Now is perhaps the best chance the jazz have had at a title in 20+ years. Strike, strike and strike till you’ve built a juggernaut. Go all in, right now.

Yeah I just think we have to look down a few tiers if we are shopping for a wing with 5-7M to spend... think more like the Garrett Temple types... who I like btw.

10 to 12M puts them a few million in the tax if you include them signing Jabari to about 10, Sato at about 9, and Bryant at about 6M...

That option includes letting Ariza walk.

They drafted Rui so maybe they want Jabari and Rui and Portis is out of the future plans. If he is restricted I’m not sure we consider making an offer.