What's new

Spencer Hawes

Hawes finally got extended minutes in the PO and he had the worst +/- on the team...

There may be no worse measure to judge a player than individual, unadjusted plus minus in one game, especially in a game that isn't close. He scored 11 pts on 5/7 shooting and got 5 Rebs in 20 minutes. His plus minus wasn't the worst in the team Austin rivers was. Go look at their lines and figure that they were likely sharing the floor with hawes... Based on their box score numbers you tell me who you think the problem was. Blinders...

There may be no worse measure to judge a player than individual, unadjusted plus minus in one game, especially in a game that isn't close. He scored 11 pts on 5/7 shooting and got 5 Rebs in 20 minutes. His plus minus wasn't the worst in the team Austin rivers was. Go look at their lines and figure that they were likely sharing the floor with hawes... Based on their box score numbers you tell me who you think the problem was. Blinders...

Rivers sucks too. Did I ever say otherwise? And yeah, I just re-checked and Rivers was one point worse. Not nearly as bad as "remembering Sap trade 30 point games with Griffin".

Rivers sucks too. Did I ever say otherwise? And yeah, I just re-checked and Rivers was one point worse. Not nearly as bad as "remembering Sap trade 30 point games with Griffin".

My bad on the Blake Griffin thing... already said that he isn't a terrible defender. I get it Paul only gave him 25 once in a Jazz uni. I mis-remembered that. Back to the real argument.

I know Rivers sucks thats the point... Don't try and set up another straw man argument on Rivers. Individual plus minus in one game settings is a terrible gauge of a player and you know it. It doesn't account for the other 4 players a player has to play with. Hawes had a decent game last night and all you point to is his plus minus.

Example... your boy Otto had 15 pts 8 rebs 5 assists and 3 steals the other night in a playoff game against the Hawks. His plus minus was a poopy -10... did he suck?

In the last game he played he went for an Exum like 4 pts. and 5 rebs. and 3 assists in 30 plus minutes on the floor but was only a -3... was that a better game?

Hawes would be a solid addition to our frontcourt sans any other potentially better options in the draft or free agency. I'd prefer to draft a 4th big and keep Booker if we stay at the 12 and one of the guys we like is still there. That would be the easiest place for us to put a developmental player right now.

He had a bad year... it happens. I prefer to look at the other 6 or so years of data that suggest he's an NBA player. What exactly do you expect to get out of your 3rd or 4th big? How much are you going to pay for what they bring?

He has attitude problems, is one of the worst defenders in the NBA, and looks for his own shot way more often than his abysmal TS% justifies.

You guys do not want him. You may think you do, but you don't.