What's new

Stats that warm the soul and put a smiles on faces

Rimcheck

Now, I am not a big Jordan fan and DEFINITELY am not a Kobe fan, but I love throwing this stuff at all the Kobe lovers. Maybe I'll have to go make an account on a Lakers board just to post it up.

Kobe Bryant is NOT as good or better than Michael Jordan. Lakers picked up their 36th win of the season in the 1,073rd game of Kobe's career. Which is significant, since Michael Jordan's career spanned 1,072 games. For the record, even with the game in hand, MJ has Kobe in scoring (see: 32,292 points to 27,112) and assisting (5,633 to 5,026) and rebounding (6,672 to 5,679) and rings under Phil Jackson (6 to 5) and steals (2514 to 1619) and blocks (893 to 569) and turn overs (2924 to 3139), and Kobe has taken almost 2.5 times more threes than Jordan did.

Anybody with half a brain knows Kobe isn't better than Jordan. It's clearly a lead/understudy relationship between the two. One was stand-out great, legendary, and the other is a guy that tries to emulate that as best he can.

Anybody with half a brain knows Kobe isn't better than Jordan. It's clearly a lead/understudy relationship between the two. One was stand-out great, legendary, and the other is a guy that tries to emulate that as best he can.

Let's not undermine Kobe. The guy's a top 10 player of all time.

Jordan, Chamberlain, Russell, Magic, Bird, Cousy, Oscar, Kareem, Dr J, Pistol Pete, and John Stockton.

I didn't want to be a complete homer, so I put Malone at 12.

:p