What's new

Steal now- Lauri Markkanen

Only reason to trade Bogey is either for more depth (Jazz dont really need that badly) or for a better defensive player who is competent offensively (read someone like Robert Covington).
This sounds like Lauri right now! Would have been great to get right now Lauri added to this team 2 years ago. He might have turned it on, who knows. More likely he would have gotten bogged down in the quagmire of **** this franchise became as the relationships started to fall apart. Fun to think about though.

Trading for Lauri Markkanen, a guy with relatively modest potential (does anyone think he is ever going to make an All-Star team?), isnt going to make the Jazz any better down the line than they currently are now.
Ouch

Oops. Just saw Eliza huge got this covered.
My bad. Don't want to pile on anymore

If we could add Lauri to the team without changing the current structure, something involving moving Conley out would be ideal, then we should do it. Lots of potential there and already would be a good fit. Mitchell, Ingles, Bojan, Markkanen, Gobert is a decent starting 5. Royce, Clarkson, Favors off the bench. Not bad.
I still think this would have been game changing for us.

I'm actually pretty surprised by how many posters in this thread got this right. Lots of posts aged very well in here.

I'm glad I didn't post in here as I probably would have been on the wrong side. I'm a massive jazz homer who doesn't watch non jazz bball so I didn't know much about Lauri and I loved the Donovan, Rudy, Royce, bogey, Clarkson, Ingles, Conley, etc jazz team.

I still think this would have been game changing for us.
Or we would have added him to a loaded team and he would have been the 3rd/4th option and played just like he did on the Cavs...

I think Lauri got on the perfect situation that has let him develop. IDK if he would have done that on the Gobert/Mitchell Jazz.

Or we would have added him to a loaded team and he would have been the 3rd/4th option and played just like he did on the Cavs...

I think Lauri got on the perfect situation that has let him develop. IDK if he would have done that on the Gobert/Mitchell Jazz.
Just as long as you never admit you could be wrong. That is the key to life. Well done cy

Just as long as you never admit you could be wrong. That is the key to life. Well done cy
Only thing I was wrong about was Lauri's ceiling. If we added Lauri to Bogey's spot on that Gobert/Mitchell team, he isnt surpassing Bogey's numbers and I stand by that. The next two seasons after this thread Lauri averaged 14 ppg and Bogey was clearly the better player through those seasons.

And the irony here is that Elizah Huge would have given his left nut for the MItchell trade to have been for RJ Barrett instead of Lauri Markkannen. So congratulations for the gotcha moment from two years ago when we got pronhub videos of EH drooling over RJ Barrett.

And the irony here is that Elizah Huge would have given his left nut for the MItchell trade to have been for RJ Barrett instead of Lauri Markkannen. So congratulations for the gotcha moment from two years ago when we got pronhub videos of EH drooling over RJ Barrett.

Someone is a little upset. I’m sorry you feel that way. When you speak in such absolutes and put lmfao after replying to people you are going to get **** on when you aren’t even close to being correct. You do have a special skill of being horribly wrong on a lot of topics. I’m not sure how you can put that to good use but you have it.

Someone is a little upset. I’m sorry you feel that way. When you speak in such absolutes and put lmfao after replying to people you are going to get **** on when you aren’t even close to being correct. You do have a special skill of being horribly wrong on a lot of topics. I’m not sure how you can put that to good use but you have it.
I was completely right in this thread other than the comment on Lauri's ceiling being a 20 ppg season (that's what Bogey had done that year).

lmao

I was completely right in this thread other than the comment on Lauri's ceiling being a 20 ppg season (that's what Bogey had done that year).

lmao

You also said you don’t see the potential in him and didn’t think he’d ever be an all-star but yeah… you were completely right.

You also said you don’t see the potential in him and didn’t think he’d ever be an all-star but yeah… you were completely right.
Yes, that's literally what I just stated. I had his ceiling wrong.

I was not wrong about how he would fit in Utah during our PEAK COMPETING years. Bogey was the better player for the Jazz at the time and I stand by that.

Yes, that's literally what I just stated. I had his ceiling wrong.

I was not wrong about how he would fit in Utah during our PEAK COMPETING years. Bogey was the better player for the Jazz at the time and I stand by that.

I will say I have zero faith that Snyder would have gotten the most out of him like Hardy has.

Good to know Cy hasn't changed a bit. Still has the ego the size of a freight train but not the evaluation skills to back it up.

I think it has been well documented that Lauri has only recently mentally unlocked himself. So Lauri 2 years ago was not the guy he is today. Especially aggressiveness and selfishness was missing.

Even though it was lesser Lauri back then.. I still think Cy might be wrong about him vs Bogey in 2020 context. Lauri has always been able to get to the rim in a hurry and he would have given us length, rebounding and more versatility in scoring. Plus he is so tall that you cant close him out late. Gotta stay on his skin.

But huge kudos to most of you seeing his upside and potential way back when Bolen had already pushed him aside and he wasnt showing progression.