What's new

Steph Curry is the best shooter ever

Hotdog

Just my opinion. I'm glad he got his career back on track. I hope he stays healthy, he is a joy to watch.

....he's good, but you wouldn't be able to pass a drug test if you think he's the BEST ever?

Name some 3pt shooters who have shot as high % as Curry did this year from deep on a high # of attempts. Also, someone who does them off the dribble and in catch and shoot situations.

Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Dale Ellis and a host of others that have done it MUCH longer than this kid! He's good, but lets not put him in the hall of fame just yet!

Ray Allen, Reggie Miller, Dale Ellis and a host of others that have done it MUCH longer than this kid! He's good, but lets not put him in the hall of fame just yet!

https://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/...state-warriors-sets-new-3-point-season-record

He has them all beat in the record book for a single season.

I understand being hesitant about calling him the best ever. But you would be lying to yourself if you say that he isn't going to go down as one of the best when it's all said and done.

Over 4 season he has averaged 45% from deep. Those aren't Kyle Korver spot ups either. Those are off the dribble, under pressure, off screens, spot ups, etc. He shoots pretty much every 3pt shot imaginable, and shoots them all well.

I understand being hesitant about calling him the best ever. But you would be lying to yourself if you say that he isn't going to go down as one of the best when it's all said and done.

....he's been in the league 4 seasons already? Well, my my! How many records does he have already? Well, my my! How long do you think he's going to keep this up? Well, my my! THROW IT OUT OF YOUR MIND!!!

....there's only one NBA player that has any chance whatsoever of breaking any basketball records, and that's going to be a long shot, and that is Lebron James. Curry has no chance of breaking any significant record other than maybe launching the most shots in a 5 second span (currently held by Nate Robinson!) and winning the dunk contest with the most dunks missed! (currently also held by Nate Robinson!) Number 1, he's too small and fragile. Number 2, he's out of control half the time. Number 3 (skip 3) Number 4, his coach is going to strangle him if he doesn't straighten up and fly right!

He isn't as good of mid range shooter as those guys yet, but easily matches them on three point prowess.

Lifetime 3PT%

Miller: 39.5%
Ellis: 40.3%
Allen: 40.1%
Curry: 44.6%

CJ you are the biggest joke on this forum. Curry is going to go down as one of the greatest shooters of all time and I'm willing to bet on it.

Aren't we missing the real question here?

Who would win in a 3 pt shooting contest? The Jimmer? Or the curry?

So how many? He already has 4, which is more consecutive years than any of the players you have mentioned. If he did for four more years, would you concede?

....I would concede that he was good, very good! But "best ever?" Still no. When he accumulates some record breaking stats over half a career, then we can start comparing who's the best ever. He hasn't even made 1 all star game yet! He hasn't won a single 3 point shooting contest yet! You've got this kid in the hall of fame and then some already! What are you going to say when the Spurs hold him in check this series and he shoots below 40 percent?

....I would concede that he was good, very good! But "best ever?" Still no. When he accumulates some record breaking stats over half a career, then we can start comparing who's the best ever. He hasn't even made 1 all star game yet! He hasn't won a single 3 point shooting contest yet! You've got this kid in the hall of fame and then some already! What are you going to say when the Spurs hold him in check this series and he shoots below 40 percent?

I don't think longevity is what makes you have the greatest skills. That's why nobody but Utah fans put Stockton above Magic Johnson. Have you ever heard of Bo Jackson? Was he not great? Well he doesn't have a bunch of records either.

Plus its easy to say things in hindsight. Why not say it while its happening? Steph Curry's pace right now is something to behold, and its not a fluke. The only thing that will stop him is more ankle problems. My eyes tell me that he is the best shooter ever, and I watched both Reggie and Ray.

I wouldn't say the he's the best ever yet .. but he's definatly way fun to watch!! loved watching him and the GSW take out the Nuggets ... remember watching the Jazz vs Nuggets this year durring that playoff push! and thinking these nuggets fans must be the worst in the NBA .. wanted to turn around and punch the loud mouth ignorant one sitting behind me several times lol

I don't think longevity is what makes you have the greatest skills. That's why nobody but Utah fans put Stockton above Magic Johnson. The only thing that will stop him is more ankle problems. My eyes tell me that he is the best shooter ever, and I watched both Reggie and Ray.

.....actually a number of basketball purist would put Stockton above Magic Johnson as a PG, but maybe not a basketball MVP. I forgot about those ankle issues the kid has....thanks for pointing that out! And I think the eyes/glasses you were using when watching Reggie and Ray....were Ray Charles' glasses!!!

I wouldn't say the he's the best ever yet .. but he's definatly way fun to watch!! loved watching him and the GSW take out the Nuggets ... remember watching the Jazz vs Nuggets this year durring that playoff push! and thinking these nuggets fans must be the worst in the NBA .. wanted to turn around and punch the loud mouth ignorant one sitting behind me several times lol

Sorry i had too much to drink that night i think...